By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which decade of Nintendo do you prefer?

The best is...

80s Nintendo 16 9.82%

90s Nintendo 97 59.51%

2000s Nintendo 34 20.86%

2010 - present Nintendo 16 9.82%

Total:163

What Soundwave says, basically word for word. And I would expand that to outside of Nintendo as well.

This is no contest, the '90s had such an onslaught of amazing instant classics and all-time bests, it's ridiculous. If we would ever get even half a decade like the '90s was in gaming as a whole we should consider ourselves lucky.

Around the Network

The 90s might have had the higher number of great games, but the 00s had most of my favorite Nintendo games ( Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario TTYD, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Melee, Mario Kart DS, Eternal Darkness, etc..)

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

The 90's.

Its when Nintendo was ahead of the game, and at their strongest compaired to its rivals.
Nintendo today is no where close to being, what they used to be.

90s for nostalgia.
2000s for sure. The WindWaker special edition that came with Majora's Mask and Master Quest >>> Also Smash Bros Melee is my multiplayer highlight where gaming is concerned. The first few years of the Wii's life were great too. Also the DS is my favourite Ninty handheld.

Easily the 90s.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

N64 era. They had unrivaled 1st party games.

80s. I always love Nintendo games, and the 90s saw some amazing titles, but 80s Nintendo was the best. Their games were - far and away - the best in the industry at the time. I also really liked the creativity, and that it was more about the games than the characters or franchises. It was like they would sit around and say "let's make an adventure game set in medevil times where you collect swords and bows and boomerangs". The next day it would be a space shooter in an Aliens setting. Then a random game about Greek mythology. And then lets take that game about a plumber fixing pipes in new york jumping over turtles, and imagine he goes down a pipe and ends up in a weird magical kingdom full of mushroom people.

Seriously, what were they smoking when they came up with this shit? And I love it that every game had unique enemies, etc. Like a like-like. WTF is a Like-Like? Or an Octoroc? It wasn't just taking up a generic fantasy creature or whatever, everything in every game was unique. And they pushed technical boundaries. It was an awesome time.

90's. Super Nintendo. 'nuff said.

85-95, but have to decide between 80s and 90s, the 90s edge it largely because Nintendo had the full decade of great games and systems.

Probably the 90s since I really love old school sprite games and the 90s is full of them, including some of my most favorite games ever. It's probably the decade I would be the most happy with if I could only pick one.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread