By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Companies owe us nothing, let the Ps4 Pro have no Blu-ray player.

Tagged games:

Do company owe us?

Yes, we are fans and they... 20 34.48%

No, we are just consumers... 38 65.52%

Total:58

I don't think that's a good way to look at it. It kinds sounds like we should just settle for what they give us, and that's not something people should be content with. If people are upset about it, they should voice their opinions. Companies are supposed to win people over with their products. If people are complaining about features they would like and feel fit with it, then it's the company's fault for not meeting those expectations. It's not consumers being entitled.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

PS4 is still the best console on the market until the PS5. So no one should be complaining.

I am Sony bro.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

vivster said:
Acevil said:

Exactly, you are sony, rol is nintendo. Glad we cleared it up!

Let's see who is Sony when they reveal that FFXV is 30fps.

Why would that be something that needs to be defended?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
vivster said:

Let's see who is Sony when they reveal that FFXV is 30fps.

Why would that be something that needs to be defended?

Which is what I said. I'm 80% sure that it will happen and I'm already preparing my official "told you so" thread. SE are getting slammed for being dickheads and Sony for not demanding 60 fps for pro mode.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Maybe when I have a 4k tv this decision will bother me more, but at the moment it's a non-issue so i'm still considering a vote for PS4 Pro.

4 ≈ One

You are absolutely right that sony does not owe us anything. But as consomers, we also do not owe Sony absolutely anything. That is why we must be very vocal about every bad decision they make and work as hard as possible to make them regret that decision. 

There is a reason companies are able to get away with doing things that clearly don't benefit the consumer. And that's because of loyal fans, which sadly do exist, who defend those shitty decisions and average consumers who think they can't do anything about those shitty decisions. 

The xbox one online only launch turnaround was a perfect example to show that it is possible to convince a company to make drastic changes with enough outrage.

And even if you were not planning on buying a console you should be very vocal about every shitty decision they make, because those shitty decisions might end up being made for your console of choice as well. Example pay to play online originating on xbox and now being on playstation as well.

I find it funny how many people on vgchartz bitch about a feature they are not going to use in the first place. I think Sony is right to wait with UHD blu ray until the PS5 it is not like their games can take advantage of the new media in the first place. As for OP it has a BD drive, it just doesn't support UHD blu ray.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

This sort of bend me over mentality is dreadful. The consumer is evrrything. Without consumer feedback, the original xbone plans would probably still be in play (granted, lack of UHD drive is no way as dramatic).

Yes, people will buy your products in spades, but you also end up looking like a laughing stock. Look at Apple. Their demise is just round the corner hopefully.