By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Companies owe us nothing, let the Ps4 Pro have no Blu-ray player.

Tagged games:

Do company owe us?

Yes, we are fans and they... 20 34.48%

No, we are just consumers... 38 65.52%

Total:58

Sony does not have to explaing anything, they make the product and those that enjoy it, buy it.

The company owe us nothing, the truth is we are not fans, we are consumers. We buy Sony stuff cause it is good to us, it meets our needs, not because we live Sony. This hipocrisy must end, I bought a PS4 because it was a interesting prduct with interesting games I wanted, Bloodbourne, Until Dawn, LBP3 and Uncharted 4 to name a few, not because I am loyal to Sony.

I bought a WiiU for the same reason, wanted to play ZombiU and Alien Colonial Marines (which was canceled!). Bought the Xbox One to use Xbox Fitness, and they canceled the software. If anything, do not promisse something and then take away, or else we will assume this is your Modus Operandi.

I assume promissing and taking away and having hardware that breaks all the time is MS M.O., it is their fault I have this impression, and it can change, but it takes time. I assume Nintendo does not care about third part support, it is how they presented themselves to me, it can change too.

The botton line is: this is not a romantic relationship, it is a consumer-seller relationship. We consumers should stop crying so much, there is plenty of options.

Americans specially, you guys are rich, work a little bit more and buy all consoles, you can afford it. Or, choose one and be happy with what you got. We are not entitled to anything, vide games are just toys, a way to kill time and have some fun. 

I think a company only owe us as much as they offer, nothing more. It is our decision to buy or not.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Yes lets have no company expectations ever.

In actuality what you're advocating for is the consumers should just be OK with whatever ... in actuality it's the opposite way. 

It's my money, it's their job to offer me something that compels me, I don't need a Playstation or Xbox or Nintendo in my life, I'm not going to die without one. It's their job to convince me that I should allocate my entertainment dollars to them. I have 103938383838 other things competing for that same dollar. 

BraLoD said:
Sony does owe my a new LoD, though.

Nah they owe the world a dark cloud 3. 

Acevil said:
BraLoD said:
Sony does owe my a new LoD, though.

Nah they owe the world a dark cloud 3. 

And a Legend of Legaia Remake.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

That's the tech race (the one Nintendo bail out long ago).

If your competition adds something that you don't have, tech consumers invested on the race will be dissapointed. And of course it is fuel to the other side.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

And we don't owe Sony anything, either. Bottom line is, they're in it for the money, and they judged that they would be able to get money without the 4K Blu Ray Drive.

Soundwave said:

In actuality what you're advocating for is the consumers should just be OK with whatever ... in actuality it's the opposite way. 

It's my money, it's their job to offer me something that compels me, I don't need a Playstation or Xbox or Nintendo in my life, I'm not going to die without one. It's their job to convince me that I should allocate my entertainment dollars to them. I have 103938383838 other things competing for that same dollar. 

You have your equal vote like everyone else and it's called money. Just don't give it and you have voted. Others will pay and cast their vote. Democracy will decide. A democracy that no company is safe from.

Companies are not obligated to any person, they are obligated to their own finances. If their own financial success does not include your satisfaction it is of no concern to them. Why would it?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Soundwave said:

And when they dont, you dont buy it, then bitch about it. Companies owe us nothing, except for times we are effected negatively in a way not advertised- Hacks, false advertising ext.

I agree that they don't owe us anything, I don't think we have to stop "crying" about it. Cause if we cry about it enough, they will listen but if we don't, they won't know why certain amount of people didn't buy it or what people don't like about it.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I have yet to see anyone say that Sony "owes" them anything. Many are disappointed that the product is missing a desired feature. Those are different things.