By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Horizon - Zero Dawn (Gameinformer)

onionberry said:
thismeintiel said:

Well, to be fair, you weren't exactly the person I was aiming that at.  The person I originally qouted was.  It's clear that that is what he meant by calling this a Zelda Killer and that GG is stuck in a rut of making Sony copies of other franchises.

ok we are even, high five

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
onionberry said:

What I said: "Looks like an epic adventure (adventure as a whole, not talking about the genre), like zelda. That's quite a compliment." Meaning of the sentence: the game looks like is going to be epic, like the new zelda game, a great a compliment for a new franchise because zelda is part of the history of video games.

What you read: "Looks like zelda and this is game is trying to be zelda because zelda invented the action adventure genre!!!"

Your response: "Oh, so any game that is an adventure game is like Zelda, huh?  Oh, to be a Nintendo fan.  "  Meaning of your response: For some reason you think that I'm comparing this game to zelda just because I said "like Zelda" So now I'm a nintendo fan trying to say that zelda is the leader.

My response to your response: chill, I'm just saying that the game looks like it's going to be epic, like then new zelda :D

Well, to be fair, you weren't exactly the person I was aiming that at.  The person I originally qouted was.  It's clear that that is what he meant by calling this a Zelda Killer and that GG is stuck in a rut of making Sony copies of other franchises.

errr..... ok hold on. I was just gonna ignore this cause obvioisky people take shit too serioisly on the interwebz.... but....

I am not saying this game reminds me of zelda. I'm saying that for some reason GG has a way of making games that would always be pit up against the best games other platforms have to offer. 

They make Killzone, and the media would claim that that is sonys answer to Halo. And as such the game would be compared to halo. They make this, and just watch the media compare this to Zelda. It's already happenning with comparisons between it and Zelda simply cause it has lot in common. 

I personally don't think GG makes sony copies of anything. I love GG to all hell and back. BUT, let's not deny the fact that so far they have been the studio known for Killzone which has always been regarded by the media as sony's answer to Halo. And just watch this happen all over again with horizon and Zelda. Espeiclaly if the NX is announced or launching around the time this game is released. 

I hope all of the sidequest are not just hunt this, gather 10 of this but some that are actually some what engaging, even if not as good as the Witcher's. This game is looking great though, hoping it turns it good.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Intrinsic said:
thismeintiel said:

errr..... ok hold on. I was just gonna ignore this cause obvioisky people take shit too serioisly on the interwebz.... but....

I am not saying this game reminds me of zelda. I'm saying that for some reason GG has a way of making games that would always be pit up against the best games other platforms have to offer. 

They make Killzone, and the media would claim that that is sonys answer to Halo. And as such the game would be compared to halo. They make this, and just watch the media compare this to Zelda. It's already happenning with comparisons between it and Zelda simply cause it has lot in common. 

I personally don't think GG makes sony copies of anything. I love GG to all hell and back. BUT, let's not deny the fact that so far they have been the studio known for Killzone which has always been regarded by the media as sony's answer to Halo. And just watch this happen all over again with horizon and Zelda. Espeiclaly if the NX is announced or launching around the time this game is released. 

Well, I'll have to apologize. I took that as your own thoughts.  Didn't realize you were talking about how the media paints it.

thismeintiel said:
onionberry said:

ok we are even, high five

This is what happens when a right-handed person high-fives with his left hand.

Around the Network

Fluid controls featuring our best friends 30 fps, input lag and no mouse aim. God, this is unfair.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

binary solo said:
onionberry said:

A climbing mechanic would be glorious

An open world game with that sort of geography and no climbing mechanic is not really an open world game. So I hope they make it happen. 

Hm let's see...those cliffs look like DC 15, maybe DC 20 in some places, I have no idea what her skill is or does she has any natural talents or feats, but let's assume she climbed a bit in her life (first trailer has some cliffs IIRC). She's human, so no racial bonuses, and that looks like very light armor, so no penalties. Now roll the die.

Fei-Hung said:
Anyone remember the robot dinosaur things in KZ3?

Yes, that boss fight with MAWLR was epic, one of the best boss fights in gaming.

This game just seems so incredible.

These guys really have a runaway smash hit on their hands.

I just hope all the elements fuse well together. Sometimes these games can end up seeming like jack of all trades master of none.

I also hope they put a lot of effort into the soundtrack. Killzone games nail the soundtrack, so I see no reason that this wouldn't.

Finally I hope the game is well paced. Too many open world games end up losing focus, or having none whatsoever. I want more of a tightly paced storyline experience here ala Bioware ME games than say Skyrim type story pacing. 

Alloy better be a good character too! 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

more http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/09/07/the-surprising-depth-of-horizon-zero-dawns-new-gameplay.aspx