By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Horizon - Zero Dawn (Gameinformer)

poklane said:
more http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/09/07/the-surprising-depth-of-horizon-zero-dawns-new-gameplay.aspx

Thanks for that. This vid should please those who asked if there's exploration and climbing.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
poklane said:
more http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/09/07/the-surprising-depth-of-horizon-zero-dawns-new-gameplay.aspx

Thanks for that. This vid should please those who asked if there's exploration and climbing.

Maybe it's just me, but I heavily dislike how the game outright shows you where you have to climb to, I wanna find my own way. That's also one of my big complaints about Uncharted 4. Would be great if such things can be turned off.

poklane said:

Maybe it's just me, but I heavily dislike how the game outright shows you where you have to climb to, I wanna find my own way. That's also one of my big complaints about Uncharted 4. Would be great if such things can be turned off.

If it's complex geometry then it's something required really. It leads people in the right direction and cuts down on any 'but if I can go there, why can't I go there' arguments. It's a compromise, yes, but for me understandable.

The PS5 Exists. 

poklane said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Yep, that's right about what I've been talking about earlier - it's the "oh look, it's the ledge...so let's climb here" approach. I really hate that approach, and as I said even some of my favourite action RPGs (like Gothic) suffer from it. Too much arcadization (is that a word?) in action-RPGs, I expect to get even worse.