By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Horizon - Zero Dawn (Gameinformer)

So far it is a day one buy.

Around the Network

The more I see of this game, the more I can't wait for it. February can't come soon enough

John19 said:
The more I see of this game, the more I can't wait for it. February can't come soon enough

Will you be playing it on the PS4 or the Neo? ;)

The PS5 Exists. 

The curse of GG.

Make Killzone... HALO KILLER!!!!

Make Horizon...... ZELDA KILLER!!!!

ah well...

definitely my most anticipated game for next year. Wonder if we get GOW next year too.

The game's lookinn really good i hope it does well aloybestplaystationgirl;)

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

We should be getting more info soon but here's a few snippets to be going on with:

- GI was surprised at the depth of the game, how intelligent the AI is, and how fluid the controls are
- You can craft different outfits to change Aloy's appearance
- Aloy has 3 different skill trees that you can put level up points into. They are Prowler (Stealth), Brave (Damage focus), and Forager (Resource Gathering)
- Aloy can find modifications when she defeats enemies that can be slotted into her weapons and armor. These affect things such as stats and give buffs

View on YouTube

does aloy really have armor??

i haven't seen a video that painstakingly details the game mechanic to find and equip armor.  how can i possibly believe that an armor gameplay mechanic exists if none of the promotional videos show it?   sony and GG are probably hiding it on purpose because it doesn't actually exist.

How do you know that GI isn't reporting on this they've seen? 

Why such negativity and bad faith anyway?

Or is it just my sarcasm detector acting up?

onionberry said:

A climbing mechanic would be glorious

Climbing is great and mostly missing in RPGs...which is sad really, given that pen&paper RPGs, from which video game RPGs come from, have climb skill checks (well, not like that's the only thing missing).

I'm all for climbing in RPGs, especially in one of open-world variety, if it's suported by the systems under the hood, which means skills, stats and modifiers...but I'm really against it if it's just slapped on from arcade-adventures since I think it either makes exploration too easy, or if it's of "oh look at this ledge...so I can climb here" (some of my favourite action RPGs suffer from this) it breaks the coherence of landscape design and sort of telegraphs the importance of location...at least for me, that is.

But, given that Horizon looks more like action-adventure with some RPG elements, maybe UC4 climbing is not such a bad idea.

Intrinsic said:
The curse of GG.

Make Killzone... HALO KILLER!!!!

Make Horizon...... ZELDA KILLER!!!!

ah well...

definitely my most anticipated game for next year. Wonder if we get GOW next year too.

Well to be fair, that's been less pronounced this time around.  Probably because of the radical difference in art design and style.  But yes, they have for a long time been cast as sort of a...counter studio?  You know, that studio that's supposed to provide the "we do that too!" games.  Like Rare's job with the Kinnect.  I personally look forard to Horizon being a big deal for them, giving them more of an identity and recognition besides just the Killzone maker.  

GribbleGrunger said:

We should be getting more info soon but here's a few snippets to be going on with:

A flying enemy called a d Glinthawk can throw ice bombs

Sold.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I'm moist.