By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Horizon - Zero Dawn (Gameinformer)

HoloDust said:
onionberry said:

A climbing mechanic would be glorious

Climbing is great and mostly missing in RPGs...which is sad really, given that pen&paper RPGs, from which video game RPGs come from, have climb skill checks (well, not like that's the only thing missing).

I'm all for climbing in RPGs, especially in one of open-world variety, if it's suported by the systems under the hood, which means skills, stats and modifiers...but I'm really against it if it's just slapped on from arcade-adventures since I think it either makes exploration too easy, or if it's of "oh look at this ledge...so I can climb here" (some of my favourite action RPGs suffer from this) it breaks the coherence of landscape design and sort of telegraphs the importance of location...at least for me, that is.

But, given that Horizon looks more like action-adventure with some RPG elements, maybe UC4 climbing is not such a bad idea.

I just think those cliffs are too beautiful. 

Around the Network

Robot Dinosaurs, and giant enemy crabs!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Anyone remember the robot dinosaur things in KZ3?

onionberry said:
HoloDust said:

Climbing is great and mostly missing in RPGs...which is sad really, given that pen&paper RPGs, from which video game RPGs come from, have climb skill checks (well, not like that's the only thing missing).

I'm all for climbing in RPGs, especially in one of open-world variety, if it's suported by the systems under the hood, which means skills, stats and modifiers...but I'm really against it if it's just slapped on from arcade-adventures since I think it either makes exploration too easy, or if it's of "oh look at this ledge...so I can climb here" (some of my favourite action RPGs suffer from this) it breaks the coherence of landscape design and sort of telegraphs the importance of location...at least for me, that is.

But, given that Horizon looks more like action-adventure with some RPG elements, maybe UC4 climbing is not such a bad idea.

You gotta love the details in rpgs.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Intrinsic said:
The curse of GG.

Make Killzone... HALO KILLER!!!!

Make Horizon...... ZELDA KILLER!!!!

ah well...

definitely my most anticipated game for next year. Wonder if we get GOW next year too.

Zelda?  How does this remind you of Zelda?  Looks more in line with Monster Hunter, really.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
onionberry said:

lmao "how long is that"

onionberry said:
COKTOE said:

lmao "how long is that"

I'm glad you're not disinterested in doing business with me today. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

thismeintiel said:
Intrinsic said:
The curse of GG.

Make Killzone... HALO KILLER!!!!

Make Horizon...... ZELDA KILLER!!!!

ah well...

definitely my most anticipated game for next year. Wonder if we get GOW next year too.

Zelda?  How does this remind you of Zelda?  

Looks like an epic adventure, like zelda. That's quite a compliment.

COKTOE said:
onionberry said:

lmao "how long is that"

I'm glad you're not disinterested in doing business with me today. :)

business?

What're ya buyin? stranger

onionberry said:
thismeintiel said:

Zelda?  How does this remind you of Zelda?  

Looks like an epic adventure, like zelda. That's quite a compliment.

Oh, so any game that is an adventure game is like Zelda, huh?  Oh, to be a Nintendo fan.