By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Man Faces 5 Years Jail Time For Playing Pokémon GO In Church

" Ruslan Sokolovski posted a YouTube video of him playing Pokémon GO in the Church of All Saints in Yekaterinburg. While denying what he did was offensive, the Russian player is currently being detained for two months and may face up to five years in prison for attacks on the liberty of faith."

This is pure madness, but Russia is an extremely Orthodox country so I can't say I'm too surprised. I wonder if it's the same here in Romania.... I hope not.

Link:  https://mynintendonews.com/2016/09/03/man-faces-5-years-jail-time-for-playing-pokemon-go-in-church/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Please, be a bit critical before you post nonsense. Of course this Pokemon player won't serve in jail. At most he will get a verbal reprimand, nothing else.

This clickbait article make it sound as if he already got his sentence.

In theory they might in Russia have punishment of up to several years in jail for desecrating a church.

But I dont think even Pussy riot got a long time in jail for their attack on a church.

Slimebeast said:

Please, be a bit critical before you post nonsense. Of course this Pokemon player won't serve in jail. At most he will get a verbal reprimand, nothing else.

In theory they might in Russia have punishment of up to several years in jail for desecrating a church.

But I dont think even Pussy riot got a long time in jail for their attack on a church.

Maybe not 5 years, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him spend weeks and maybe even months in jail. I read some posts on Reddit where Russians discuss about how one can get punished harshly for very minor things.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
Slimebeast said:

Maybe not 5 years, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him spend weeks and maybe even months in jail. I read some posts on Reddit where Russians discuss about how one can get punished harshly for very minor things.

Yeah, it's a crazy country. I just wanted to prevent people coming into the thread taking those 5 years at face value.

Obviously even weeks in jail for playing Pokemon in a church would be disgusting for a country that calls itself democratic. I hope in this case the auforities are accusing him for more than just playing Pokemon.

so Pokemon makes you GO to jail, hehe, poor guy. Seems if he does end up this route its a way to harsh punishment, let him clean up the streets with no cell phone for a few weeks.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

No Sympathy. Know the laws of your country. If you break them you go to jail. He made the choice to break the law and so he got the punishment he deserved. if you dont like the laws move. 

contestgamer said:

No Sympathy. Know the laws of your country. If you break them you go to jail. He made the choice to break the law and so he got the punishment he deserved. if you dont like the laws move. 

What kind of backwards attutide is this? You think it's easy for every single person to just move to another country? And you think that every single law is above criticism? What if you were arrested for getting a blow job (in your own house) because in your state it is illegal? Some laws are beyond stupid and need to be under scrutiny to change them accordingly.

Wait till your country introduces a ridiculous law that affects YOU and then feel free to move your entire family (if you have one) to a new country, get new jobs for everyone, make new friends, say goodbye to your relatives, etc.

It's a good thing most people don't think like you, as we'd be treating blacks, women, and LGBT people like garbage because it is the law, apparently.

AZWification said:

" Ruslan Sokolovski posted a YouTube video of him playing Pokémon GO in the Church of All Saints in Yekaterinburg. While denying what he did was offensive, the Russian player is currently being detained for two months and may face up to five years in prison for attacks on the liberty of faith."

This is pure madness, but Russia is an extremely Orthodox country so I can't say I'm too surprised. I wonder if it's the same here in Romania.... I hope not.

Link:  https://mynintendonews.com/2016/09/03/man-faces-5-years-jail-time-for-playing-pokemon-go-in-church/

It's possibly similar depending on what the revolution established in Romania. There was a lot of hot headed laws put into place after Communism was overthrown. The crazy Russian Church stuff was a hot-headed reaction against how the Communists persecuted religious people and culture, now they persecute certain blasphemies instead :P

Similar things in Romania happened during the communist autocracy, and the revolution was more heated than Russia. So it is highly possible.

But he won't face 5 years in prison. The law says up to 5, but he won't get close to that much.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

contestgamer said:

He's being accused of attacks on the liberty of faith. I don't think you could expect to get accused of that by playing a game in church because I don't see how playing a game in church is an attack on the liberty of faith.

Dang, now that sounds a little too extreme for just playing a game in a church. Sure it's disrespectful, but I think that's going too far.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread