By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mike Ybarra teases Age of Empires on Xbox

Around the Network

A new Age of Empires would be dope.

If this is real, nearly all of the pre E3 leaks have turned out true. Wonder if the few remaining will turn out true as well (I hope so)

Xbox One Slim priced at $250 (40% smaller and no power brick)Link
Xbox One Scorpio with VR compatibility releasing in 2017 - Link
2 new Xbox streaming devices - Link
Xbox OG
 backwards compatibility - Link
Xbox One mouse and keyboard supportLink
Forza Horizon 3 (set in Australia)Link
Dead Rising 4 (exclusive)Link
State of Decay 2 (exclusive) - Link
New Battletoads (Rare's new game) - Link
New Age of EmpiresLink
Exclusive 3rd party remake (could be Dead Rising 4 though) - Link
Exclusive 3rd party JRPG (could be Project Kyoto from Mistwalker and Silicon Studio) - Link
Gears of War 4 (new trailer) - Link
Halo Wars 2 (new trailer + beta in 2016) - Link
ReCore (new trailer) - Link
Scalebound (new trailer) - Link
Crackdown 3 (new trailer) - Link
Killer Instinct Season 1-3 (retail release + new character trailer) - Link
Sea of Thieves (new trailer) - Link
Halo 5: Guardians (PC release) - Link

Great another console RTS that I'll happily ignore when there could have been a proper sequel on PC.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Make it happen! Would love it if Xbox became the console king for RTS games.

KungKras said:
Great another console RTS that I'll happily ignore when there could have been a proper sequel on PC.

We're talking Xbox, the game will also come to the Windows Store.

OT: What kind of Age Empires? Because if it's like that Online game, they can keep it all to themselves...

Also, what studio will make it? Will they also hire Creastive Assembly once they finish Halo Wars 2? See, MSoft, how dumb you were when you closed Ensemble.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

It is probably new Age of Empires game from Decisive games who were hiring last year for beloved RTS game. Decisive games hasnt been shutdown by Microsoft so I assume they are still working on their game.

RoboTin said:
It is probably new Age of Empires game from Decisive games who were hiring last year for beloved RTS game. Decisive games hasnt been shutdown by Microsoft so I assume they are still working on their game.

Nice. So Decisive Games is kinda like a new Ensemble Studios?

Why is this information new to me? I love Ensemble and AoE  

CGI-Quality said:
KungKras said:

If it still comes to PC, which it likely will, what's the issue?

Oh right. I forgot about that.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Prediction: it will be a third person cover shooter made by a mediocre eastern-European outsource team, who will be shut down before the game hits the shelves

In all honesty, great news. Been some time I have played some good old fashioned AoE

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Fantastic news. I had forgottern this rumour for a while, but if that is truly an MS employee who tweeted then it's solid confirmation that the new game is in development.

Fantastic that thery're at all considering it (and it's about time, so much potential and income wasted for Microsoft's gaming business by ignoring one of the best game series of all time. And so sad for the legacy of RTS).

Now remains who will dare to develop it, and what age and setting they will choose!

It will be such a hard task to make a new Age of Empires. There's so many who're still very passionate about Age of Empires 2 and demand it will be in that style and very back to the roots. It will be very tough to convince them about any modern game design features.

It's quite bold of MS to even try making a new Age game after so many years. Geeez, such pressure on the producer to not screw this up. I don't expect it to come out in at least three years sadly.

I know that many fans wants the series to go back in time instead of forward, and this makes me personally extremely happy because I love the ancient and medieval eras. I Think the public pressure will force them to go medieval even if the logical step is to go to World War 1 or something.

I still love to play Age of Empires 2 HD and play it quite often in multiplayer. I adore this game. Top 5 of all time.