By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mike Ybarra teases Age of Empires on Xbox

I would love a new, proper, Age of Empires! Not that... BS they did a few years ago

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Whatever about AOE Microsoft should really do an Age of Mythology 2 for PC / xbox. That game was a classic.

Barkley said:
JEMC said:

I loved Age of Empires and Age of Empires 2 was what every sequel should be: make the first game bigger and better in every possible way.

Then came Mythology, but that game didn't work for me. The Gods powers and the fantastic creatures were odd inclusions that, in my opinion, didn't fit well into the gameplay of Age of Empires. And then came AoE 3, which kept going in the wrong direction.

I really, really hope that the new Age of Empires gets based more on the first two games and forgets the last two (three if we count AoE Online).

Rise of Nations is more like a sequel to AoK than AoE 3 was, it's not as good as either of the first two but it's decent and definitely feels more like an Age of Empires game than the third one...

I'm not expecting too much from a new Age of Empires game, my hopes for a new traditional-style rts game rests on Cossacks 3 at the moment.

My biggest problem with Rise of the Nations was that it had a faster pace than AoE, and it also made it a bit more difficult.

But I agree that it was better than Mythology and 3.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Barkley said:

Rise of Nations is more like a sequel to AoK than AoE 3 was, it's not as good as either of the first two but it's decent and definitely feels more like an Age of Empires game than the third one...

I'm not expecting too much from a new Age of Empires game, my hopes for a new traditional-style rts game rests on Cossacks 3 at the moment.

My biggest problem with Rise of the Nations was that it had a faster pace than AoE, and it also made it a bit more difficult.

But I agree that it was better than Mythology and 3.

My biggest problem was the damn attrition, where your units constantly took damage whilst in enemy borders. I think it's the Russians in that game that had a big bonus to it, was ridiculous how much damage it dealt, really hated that feature.