By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Your Movie of the decade so far?

I have to go with Whiplash, it's not even close honestly.

Around the Network

Star Wars

LurkerJ said:
Soundwave said:

What a mediocre decade for movies. I can't think of one that really stands out and really says "choose me!". I guess maybe Interstellar? Even that really has some big flaws and gets boring at times, but at least it has a huge scope. 

Give us your favourite movie from the decade before it then.

Probably Fellowship of the Ring, though I actually think I might like The Two Towers more. The Dark Knight, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Batman Begins, The Royal Tenenbaums, Unbreakable, ... 2000-2010 destroys this decade. 

The best film ever made!

Soundwave said:
LurkerJ said:

Give us your favourite movie from the decade before it then.

Probably Fellowship of the Ring, though I actually think I might like The Two Towers more. The Dark Knight, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Batman Begins, The Royal Tenenbaums, Unbreakable, ... 2000-2010 destroys this decade. 

Some great movies you listed there (I haven't watched all of them), off the top of my list, I'd add District 9, Up In The Air, 500 days of Summer, Closer. 

I disagree with the other half of your statement though, there have been many great movies the last few years. I haven't watched that many and I still could come up with a very solid list. Not mention, we still have 4 more years to be done with the decade lol

Around the Network

I'd have to say Chappie

I think I watch like 2 movies every year, so my choice would have to be either Mad Max or Star Wars.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Hateful Eight I would say

However Kingsman is my biggest surprise.

FarleyMcFirefly said:
John2290 said:

Did the ultimute edition reshoot the movie from the ground up? I'd give the orginial cut a soft 6

The ultimate cut has a coherent story and better rounded characters. Lois actually does useful things instead of being the damsel in distress. Clark has much more screen time, and it really makes character motivations clear. I will definitely never watch the theatrical cut again, even though I liked it despite its problems. The ultimate cut is one of my favourite movies of all time. Ben Afflecks performance is amazing, Hans Zimmer/ Junkie XL produced one of the best soundtracks I've heard in a long time. 

I actually thought about Batman VS superman before writing Interstellar. I personnaly have only watched the ultimate edition and I found it incredibly good for a superhero movie. I loved it. 

It's the most serious Batman or Superman movie I have ever watched and probably the best Superman movie ever (not better Batman because of the Nolan movies though).

And yep the music is astounding in this movie. The last Hans Zimmer superhero movie...

Id go with Interstellar as well.

Biggest disappointment, Avengers 2. Biggest surprise, Captain America 2.

Most-overhyped/rated, Star Wars 7. One which was exactly what I expected, Transformers 4 (I thought it would be terrible and it was)