By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX Buyers: 1080P Or Better Detail 720P?

sepoer said:
720 with 60fps. I hope they give us an option for NX, maybe 7" NX?

That would be Wii U level....1080p60 with lesser graphics would be much better. 

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

Why then for PS4 and all other current consoles nobody ever didnt said they are hybrid but whole industry saying NX will be hybrid of home console and handheld!?

Because consoles in way you try to describe them are basically from PS1 in one or other way, but NX will truly be first real hybrid platform of handheld and home console, and that's why all people are saying NX is hybrid and nobady never said PS4 is hybrid.

You're still viewing this through a 20th century mindset. There are no "hybrids" in today's industry. There are only multimedia devices with features, and that's what NX will be; a device that has the features of portability, of connecting to a screen, and/or detachable controllers.

Serious question; do you expect NX to sell as well as PS4?

memoryman3 said:
curl-6 said:

Still, there will be sub-1080p games releasing on consoles until at least 2019, regardless of what Nintendo does.

Not for PS4 Neo, any decent PC, or Xbox Scorpio. 1080p with Wii U graphics is absolutely going to look much better than a 720p game with slightly better shaders/details. In fact, Nintendo's games are often let down by 720p. Mario Kart 8 at 1080p and proper texture filtering would be mind-blowing. 

720p native on a handheld would be coolio. 

I don't agree at all, I think for instance that Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, which is 720p, looks far better than Smash Bros U, which is 1080p, because of the former's superior shaders and detail.

Nintendo games.

Resolution? I don't give a sh*t I'm after the Nintendo games...they can be 144p for all I care, they still gonna be better then 95% of the games out there

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Why then for PS4 and all other current consoles nobody ever didnt said they are hybrid but whole industry saying NX will be hybrid of home console and handheld!?

Because consoles in way you try to describe them are basically from PS1 in one or other way, but NX will truly be first real hybrid platform of handheld and home console, and that's why all people are saying NX is hybrid and nobady never said PS4 is hybrid.

You're still viewing this through a 20th century mindset. There are no "hybrids" in today's industry. There are only multimedia devices with features, and that's what NX will be; a device that has the features of portability, of connecting to a screen, and/or detachable controllers.

Again, pls read, everything is already written! We talking about console market, and on console market you dont have hybrid of handheld and home console, thats why already almost whole gaming industry  saying that "NX is a hybrid platform of handheld and home console", they didnt call any other platform like that before.

Offcourse not, PS4 will sell 100m in worst case, probably will go around 120m LT. It hard to predict sales of NX at this point, but I am sure it will sell much better than Wii U, beacuse NX is aiming handheld and cosole market in same time and if Nintendo do things right (marketing, price, lineup...).

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Again, pls read, everything is already written! We talking about console market, and on console market you dont have hybrid of handheld and home console, thats why already almost whole gaming industry  saying that "NX is a hybrid platform of handheld and home console", they didnt call any other platform like that before.

Offcourse not, PS4 will sell 100m in worst case, probably will go around 120m LT. It hard to predict sales of NX at this point, but I am sure it will sell much better than Wii U, beacuse NX is aiming handheld and cosole market in same time and if Nintendo do things right (marketing, price, lineup...).

This isn't even the first gaming device that can be played both portably and on a TV. PSP could do it last gen. 

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

This isn't even the first gaming device that can be played both portably and on a TV. PSP could do it last gen. 

Also already answered on that..

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Fundamentally then, there's really no meaningful distinction between a last gen portable and this NX concept then.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Fundamentally then, there's really no meaningful distinction between a last gen portable and this NX concept then.

As usual you clearly forgot what I answered to you when you say that...

I don't think Wii U is the metric Nintendo is looking at with NX.

It needs to sell close-ish to the 3DS, if it's too far below that Nintendo will likely be very upset.

It's gotta be 40 million minimum. And they are going to have to work hard to get that.

Just outselling the Wii U or even GameCube isn't nearly good enough, now that it is a portable device it has to be comparable to Nintendo's previous portable benchmark.