By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX Buyers: 1080P Or Better Detail 720P?

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Lol, I am not extreme Nintendo fan, I don't buy evre Nintendo product, I even dont have 3DS. Again no, with right marketing, general consumers will also see it like home console that can be take on go like mobile phone, so at home its home console on go its gaming hanhdheld, its so simple. And of course that is very special to every other console gaming hardware available on market, like I wrote is special because you don't need to buy 3DS and Wii U or PS4 and Vita, with NX you have all in one package.

Let's be honest here, you are probably the most zealous Nintendo supporter currently on VGChartz. :P Which is fine, but you do tend to be extremely optimistic when it comes to anything Nintendo related.

Consumers today are used to multipurpose devices, a gaming device you can take on the go but plug into your TV at home isn't going to blow anyone's mind. That's not to say it can't be successful, but it's not gonna set the world on fire.

Again not true, like I wrote, I am fan, but there is huge difference between fan and extreme fan. I dont buy every Nintendo product and I buying other consoles, for instance I am getting PS4 Slim, also for instance I numerous time said that Nintendo made to many terrible mistakes with Wii U. I am never extremely optimistic, actually all my expectations are actually very realistic, I never wrote anything optimistic maybe only from your point of view because you are extremely pessimistic (you still think Wii U version of Zelda will be canceled, lol).

Again, we are talking about console market, and again you dont have anuthng similar on console market curently. Also again, I never said it will set world on fire or it will be next Wii, but definatly gaves much higher value to a product like that than for instance Wii U alone, and definitely will be major reason to buy such a product, its product that aims console and handheld market in same time, basically handheld lovers and home console lovers will consider buy it, and it almost certain that fans of Nintend handheld and fans of Nintendo home consoles will buy it.

Again, please read what's already written, there is no need to repeat myself, I already gave answers to even your point in past posts.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Let's be honest here, you are probably the most zealous Nintendo supporter currently on VGChartz. :P Which is fine, but you do tend to be extremely optimistic when it comes to anything Nintendo related.

Consumers today are used to multipurpose devices, a gaming device you can take on the go but plug into your TV at home isn't going to blow anyone's mind. That's not to say it can't be successful, but it's not gonna set the world on fire.

Again not true, like I wrote, I am fan, but there is huge difference between fan and extreme fan. I dont buy every Nintendo product and I buying other consoles, for instance I am getting PS4 Slim, also for instance I numerous time said that Nintendo made to many terrible mistakes with Wii U. I am never extremely optimistic, actually all my expectations are actually very realistic, I never wrote anything optimistic maybe only from your point of view because you are extremely pessimistic (you stil think Wii U version of game will be canceled, lol).

Again, we are talking about console market, and again you dont have anuthng similar on console market curently. Also again, I never said it will set world on fire or it will be next Wii, but definatly gaves much higher value product like that than for instance Wii U alone, and definitely will be major reason to buy such a product, basically handheld lowers and home console lowers will consider buy it, and it almost certain that fans of Nintend handheld and fans of Nintendo home consoles will buy it.

Again, please read what's already written, there is no need to repeat myself.

Your future projections for anything Nintendo related are always extremely positive. You never even consider the possibility that things might not go perfectly for them. You think everything in the future will always go their way.

Being seen as a higher value product than the Wii U is not hard, Wii U was seen as a very low value proposition, hence it's terrible sales. But you are overestimating the value that a "hybrid" would represent, because you're applying a pre-multimedia-age market mentality. Nobody is wowed by a device that serves more than one purpose anymore. Every device is multipurpose, it's the norm.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Again not true, like I wrote, I am fan, but there is huge difference between fan and extreme fan. I dont buy every Nintendo product and I buying other consoles, for instance I am getting PS4 Slim, also for instance I numerous time said that Nintendo made to many terrible mistakes with Wii U. I am never extremely optimistic, actually all my expectations are actually very realistic, I never wrote anything optimistic maybe only from your point of view because you are extremely pessimistic (you stil think Wii U version of game will be canceled, lol).

Again, we are talking about console market, and again you dont have anuthng similar on console market curently. Also again, I never said it will set world on fire or it will be next Wii, but definatly gaves much higher value product like that than for instance Wii U alone, and definitely will be major reason to buy such a product, basically handheld lowers and home console lowers will consider buy it, and it almost certain that fans of Nintend handheld and fans of Nintendo home consoles will buy it.

Again, please read what's already written, there is no need to repeat myself.

Your future projections for anything Nintendo related are always extremely positive. You never even consider the possibility that things might not go perfectly for them. You think everything in the future will always go their way.

Being seen as a higher value product than the Wii U is not hard, Wii U was seen as a very low value proposition, hence it's terrible sales. But you are overestimating the value that a "hybrid" would represent, because you're applying a pre-multimedia-age market mentality. Nobody is wowed by a device that serves more than one purpose anymore. Every device is multipurpose, it's the norm.

Again, that is not true at all, like already wrote, maybe from point of view because you are extremely pessimistic. Expecting that Zelda Wii U version of game will be canceled is extremle pessimistic, you can wrote what I exactly said wrote that is extremely positive!?

I use Wii U like expample, like I wrote, point is that such product (basicly home console and handheld) has higher value than any stand alone home console or handheld. Again, we are talking about console market only, and yes some will people will definitely be wowed by fact they don't need to buy separate 3DS and Wii U or PS4 and Vita, with NX they will have all in same package for one price.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Again, that is not true at all, like already wrote, maybe from point of view because you are extremely pessimistic. Expecting that Zelda Wii U version of game will be canceled is extremle pessimistic, you can wrote what I exactly said wrote that is extremely positive!?

I use Wii U like expample, like I wrote, point is that such product (basicly home console and handheld) has higher value than any stand alone home console or handheld. Again, we are talking about console market only, and yes some will people will definitely be wowed by fact they don't need to buy separate 3DS and Wii U or PS4 and Vita, with NX they will have all in same package for one price.

If you honestly think this will have a higher percieved value than the PS4, then you've just answered your own question about what you say that is unrealistically positive.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

If you honestly think this will have a higher percieved value than the PS4, then you've just answered your own question about what you say that is unrealistically positive.

Well I am not sure if NX will have higher or simila value than specific PS4, but definitelyisn't out of question that home console and handheld (hybrid) have higher value than just alone PS4, espacily with PS4 Neo coming out. And thats definatly isnt nothing unrealistically positive, that's unrealistically positive just from your point of view and your point of view is alredy proved like very pesimistic point of view, realistically positive view would be that I say NX will have higher value than PS4 Neo.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Well I am not sure if NX will have higher or simila value than specific PS4, but definitelyisn't out of question that home console and handheld (hybrid) have higher value than just alone PS4, espacily with PS4 Neo coming out. And thats definatly isnt nothing unrealistically positive, that's unrealistically positive just from your point of view and your point of view is alredy proved like very pesimistic point of view, realistically positive view would be that I say NX will have higher value than PS4 Neo.

Sorry, but thinking that the NX as (as described by the recent leaks) will be seen as being equally or more valuable than a PS4 is absurd and an example of completely unrealistic positivity.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Sorry, but thinking that the NX as (as described by the recent leaks) will be seen as being equally or more valuable than a PS4 is absurd and an example of completely unrealistic positivity.

Sry, but its not hard att all to imagine that home console and handheld (no need to buy seperate home console and seperate handheld) have more value then just one home console, again there is nothing completely unrealistic positivity there, maybe only for you in world where Zelda BotW for Wii U will be canceled. :)

The console releases in 2017. First party games should be 900P or higher in docked mode.

4K TV's is the standard for the mainstream. Upscaling a 720P image onto a large TV; 1080P, 4K or otherwise, isn't going to look pretty. Even with the best of upscalers.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Sry, but its not hard att all to imagine that home console and handheld (no need to buy seperate home console and seperate handheld) have more value then just one home console, again there is nothing completely unrealistic positivity there, maybe only for you in world where Zelda BotW for Wii U will be canceled. :)

You're living in a dreamworld if you think a portable Wii U with detachable controllers and a TV connection dock will be seen as equal or better in value to as a PS4. Your love of Nintendo is clouding your judgement.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

You're living in a dreamworld if you think a portable Wii U with detachable controllers and a TV connection dock will be seen as equal or better in value to as a PS4. Your love of Nintendo is clouding your judgement.

Iam live in real world, infos saying NX is stronger than Wii U at least 3x time, yes I think that home console and handheld (no need to buy separate home console and separate handheld) have more value then just one seperate home console, same like Wii U and 3DS have higher value than Wii U alone, or PS4 and Vita have higher value than PS4 alone, and if you dont see that than your one that dont live in real world (like I wrote, you live in world where Zelda BotW for Wii U will be canceled :)).