By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX Buyers: 1080P Or Better Detail 720P?

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

"Hybrid" is not a special selling point in 2017. Everything today is a hybrid. Your phone is also a computer, a calendar, a watch, a gaming device, and a camera.

You could connect a freaking PSP to the television.

Pretending its this red hot new innovation is absurd.

Again you started to ignoring thing that are already written, we talking about console gaming specifically not about, you don't have hybrid console available on market, PS3/XBO360, Wii U, 3DS, Vita, PS4/XB1, none of them are hybrid, there just handhelds or just home consoles.

Again, from information we have its a hybrid that can be use on go or like home console, we have handheld and "base unit", we also have detachable controllers. So again, it not just handheld that you can connect to TV.

Like wrote, Basically unified platform, handheld and home console in one, that exactly what Nintendo wanted to do, and thats prety good concept, something competion dont have.

Pls, read what is already earlier wroten.

Being able to play portable games in higher res on a TV or with a detachable controller is not some Wiimote-level system selling feature though. It's a good move on Nintendo's part to unify their software library for a better stream of first party content, but let's be realistic, this is not going to redefine gaming as we know it or repeat the glory days of the Wii/DS. It's a neat idea, but its nothing revolutionary.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Again you started to ignoring thing that are already written, we talking about console gaming specifically not about, you don't have hybrid console available on market, PS3/XBO360, Wii U, 3DS, Vita, PS4/XB1, none of them are hybrid, there just handhelds or just home consoles.

Again, from information we have its a hybrid that can be use on go or like home console, we have handheld and "base unit", we also have detachable controllers. So again, it not just handheld that you can connect to TV.

Like wrote, Basically unified platform, handheld and home console in one, that exactly what Nintendo wanted to do, and thats prety good concept, something competion dont have.

Pls, read what is already earlier wroten.

Being able to play portable games in higher res on a TV or with a detachable controller is not some Wiimote-level system selling feature though. It's a good move on Nintendo's part to unify their software library for a better stream of first party content, but let's be realistic, this is not going to redefine gaming as we know it or repeat the glory days of the Wii/DS. It's a neat idea, but its nothing revolutionary.

I never said it will redefine gaming like Wii but defintly is advantage, we talked about price and my point is that platform like that will have bigger value for consumers than for instance Wii U platform alone, there will be definitely lots a people who will want to have handheld and home console in same package for price of one home console.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

I never said it will redefine gaming like Wii but defintly is advantage, we talked about price and my point is that platform like that have bigger value than for instance Wii U platform, there will be definitely lots a people who will want to have handheld and home console in same package for price of one home console.

Again though, nobody sees devices as "2 in 1" these days, they just see it as "an x that also does y."

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

I never said it will redefine gaming like Wii but defintly is advantage, we talked about price and my point is that platform like that have bigger value than for instance Wii U platform, there will be definitely lots a people who will want to have handheld and home console in same package for price of one home console.

Again though, nobody sees devices as "2 in 1" these days, they just see it as "an x that also does y."

Thats point NX is not X that does Y, its more XY. For instance I see it like handheld and home console in same package, and I am definitely not alone, lotsa people will see it like espacily with Nintendo marketing focused on that, handheld and home console in same time beacuse you dont have anuthing like that in console market.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Thats point NX is not X that does Y, its more XY. For instance I see it like handheld and home console in same package, and I am definitely not alone, lotsa people will see it like espacily with Nintendo marketing focused on that, handheld and home console in same time beacuse you dont have anuthing like that in console market.

You're an extreme Nintendo fan though. The general consumer will see it more objectively, and a multimedia device with multiple roles is nothing new or special, pretty much all electronic devices today are "hybrids" in that sense. Xbox One, for example, is a hybrid console/web browser/movie player/TV box.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

You're an extreme Nintendo fan though. The general consumer will see it more objectively, and a multimedia device with multiple roles is nothing new or special, pretty much all electronic devices today are "hybrids" in that sense. Xbox One, for example, is a hybrid console/web browser/movie player/TV box.

Lol, I am not extreme Nintendo fan, I don't buy evre Nintendo product, I even dont have 3DS. Again no, with right marketing, general consumers will also see it like home console that can be take on go like mobile phone, so at home its home console on go its gaming hanhdheld, its so simple. And of course that is very special to every other console gaming hardware available on market, like I wrote is special because you don't need to buy 3DS and Wii U or PS4 and Vita, with NX you have all in one package.

Miyamotoo said:

And does any other console on market give you option to use like handheld and home console!?

Would this count? :P (Although no battery so requires mains power.)

Miyamotoo said:

Lol, I am not extreme Nintendo fan, I don't buy evre Nintendo product, I even dont have 3DS.

Take a look at your Avatar. ;P

You don't need to own every Nintendo device to be an "extreme" fan.
Those who are avid supporters of a particular company/technology/brand etc' isn't a bad thing either.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Soundwave said:

The GPU is cheap, there's not a chance Nintendo would've made the deal with Nvidia if it wasn't. Nvidia has no one to sell the Tegra to ... who the fuck needs that much power in a tablet? And even if they did almost every major mobile maker is in bed with an established chip partner already. Nintendo had all the leverage here. If Nvidia wasn't going to give Nintendo a mobile chip, I'm sure Qualcomm, DMP, PowerVR/Imagination, or Samsung would be happy to get on that gravy train. So whatever deal Nvidia gave Nintendo it must've been better than anything else on the table, I'm inclined to believe Semi-Accurate's report that Nintendo basically bent Nvidia over for this deal. 

Nvidia's gain from it likely will be that they can finally tout the Tegra as being in a multi-multi-million selling flagship product to other vendors, giving the Tegra line legitimacy, and if NX is a success, well then they can certainly negotiate a better deal for the NX2. They've already invested the R&D into the Parker Tegra and while self driving cars are a cool idea, it's not like that's going to be an overnight thing, we are probably 4-5 years away from self driving cars being a real mainstream product. Nvidia needed the NX deal for Tegra bad. 

The LCD display is going to be the big cost, as with the Wii U ... a cheap display will still run Nintendo probably more for the LCD + touch panel than the actual chipset.

Actually. You would be surprised how cheap a 7" 720P display costs these days.
It's not like where it cost me $380 AUD to replace my 5.7" 1440P panel in my phone. lol

But I do agree. nVidia would have been desperate for the design win and would have done a juicy deal, if successful, nVidia's Tegra will become more attractive to other OEM's.
Plus, nVidia needs to shift volume to make the R&D and production expenditure worthwhile.

Tegra has thus far been a pretty massive dissapointment from a sales perspective, but... Like with Geforce, nVidia tends to play the long, hard and patient game.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Miyamotoo said:

And does any other console on market give you option to use like handheld and home console!?

Would this count? :P (Although no battery so requires mains power.)

Miyamotoo said:

Lol, I am not extreme Nintendo fan, I don't buy evre Nintendo product, I even dont have 3DS.

Take a look at your Avatar. ;P

You don't need to own every Nintendo device to be an "extreme" fan.
Those who are avid supporters of a particular company/technology/brand etc' isn't a bad thing either.

I am fan, but there is huge difference between fan and extreme fan. I dont buy every Nintendo product and I buying other consoles, for instance I am getting PS4 Slim.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Lol, I am not extreme Nintendo fan, I don't buy evre Nintendo product, I even dont have 3DS. Again no, with right marketing, general consumers will also see it like home console that can be take on go like mobile phone, so at home its home console on go its gaming hanhdheld, its so simple. And of course that is very special to every other console gaming hardware available on market, like I wrote is special because you don't need to buy 3DS and Wii U or PS4 and Vita, with NX you have all in one package.

Let's be honest here, you are probably the most zealous Nintendo supporter currently on VGChartz. :P Which is fine, but you do tend to be extremely optimistic when it comes to anything Nintendo related.

Consumers today are used to multipurpose devices, a gaming device you can take on the go but plug into your TV at home isn't going to blow anyone's mind. That's not to say it can't be successful, but it's not gonna set the world on fire.