By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX Buyers: 1080P Or Better Detail 720P?

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

You're living in a dreamworld if you think a portable Wii U with detachable controllers and a TV connection dock will be seen as equal or better in value to as a PS4. Your love of Nintendo is clouding your judgement.

Iam live in real world, infos saying NX is stronger than Wii U at least 3x time. Yes, I think that home console and handheld (no need to buy separate home console and separate handheld) have more value then just one home console, same like Wii U and 3DS have higher value than Wii U alone, or PS4 and Vita have higher value than PS4 alone, and if you dont see that than your one that dont live in real world (like I wrote, you live in world where Zelda BotW for Wii U will be canceled :)).

Again, a multimedia device serving multiple roles is nothing special in 2017. It's expected, it's the norm, all devices are "hybrids".  

And don't get me started the over-optimistic predictions you have made, including predicting a HD Metroid at the last three E3s, and Pikmin 4 being a Wii U game.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Iam live in real world, infos saying NX is stronger than Wii U at least 3x time. Yes, I think that home console and handheld (no need to buy separate home console and separate handheld) have more value then just one home console, same like Wii U and 3DS have higher value than Wii U alone, or PS4 and Vita have higher value than PS4 alone, and if you dont see that than your one that dont live in real world (like I wrote, you live in world where Zelda BotW for Wii U will be canceled :)).

Again, a multimedia device serving multiple roles is nothing special in 2017. It's expected, it's the norm, all devices are "hybrids".  

And don't get me started the over-optimistic predictions you have made, including predicting a HD Metroid at the last three E3s, and Pikmin 4 being a Wii U game.

Already gave you answer multiple times on that your point that doesn't make sense. So, again, we talking about console market specifically, and again, you dont have nothing similar currently on console market, and again, PS3, Xbox360, WiiU, 3DS, Vita, PS4, XB1 do not act like hybrid of home console and handheld. So yes, NX will be something special to all currently available consoles on market.

Expecting Metroid Prime is over-optimistic predictions!? Lol. Metroid Prime is most likely moved from Wii U to NX, same goes for Pikmin 4, thats reason why we didnt saw them on WiiU, bought games will be on NX. In time I made those prediction that was actually possible not over-optimistic, lotsa things hepend from back then, like Nintendo gave release date for NX for march 2017, right after they gave that date I immediately said Wii U is not getting any new unannounced game.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Again, we talking about console market specifically, and again, you dont have nothing similar currently on console market, and again, PS3, Xbox360, WiiU, 3DS, Vita, PS4, XB1 do not act like hybrid of home console and handheld.

Expecting Metroid Prime is over-optimistic predictions!? Lol. Metroid Prime is most likely moved from Wii U to NX, same goes for Pikmin 4, thats reason why we didnt saw them on WiiU, bought games will be on NX. In time I made those prediction that was actually possible not over-optimistic, lotsa things hepend from back then, like Nintendo gave release date for NX for march 2017, right after they gave that date I immediately said Wii U is not getting any new unannounced game.

PS3, 360, WiiU, PS4, Xbox One, Vita, PSP, all are "hybrid" systems, they combine multiple functions, (games, movies, internet browser, etc) into one device. You could connect a PSP to a TV too. 

Your predictions are unrealistic because they are always unwaveringly positive. And to expect nothing but positive outcomes is unrealistic because that's not how the world works.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Again, we talking about console market specifically, and again, you dont have nothing similar currently on console market, and again, PS3, Xbox360, WiiU, 3DS, Vita, PS4, XB1 do not act like hybrid of home console and handheld.

PS3, 360, WiiU, PS4, Xbox One, Vita, PSP, all are "hybrid" systems, they combine multiple functions, (games, movies, internet browser, etc) into one device. You could connect a PSP to a TV too. 

Your predictions are unrealistic because they are always unwaveringly positive. And to expect nothing but positive outcomes is unrealistic because that's not how the world works.

Do you actualy see what is writen, no relly!? How exatly PS3, 360, WiiU, PS4, Xbox One, Vita, PSP are hybrids of home and handheld consoles!? Nobady says that PS4 is hybrid (or any other curent consoles), but whole industry saying that NX will be hybrid of home console and handheld.

Only from point of view of person who expecting that Zelda for Wii U will be canceled.

Miyamotoo said:

Nobady says that PS4 is hybrid 

BINGO.

And you know why they don't? BECAUSE ALL MODERN SYSTEMS ARE "HYBRIDS" IN THAT THEY SERVE MULTIPLE ROLES, AND NOBODY THINKS OF MULTIMEDIA DEVICES AS HYBRIDS ANYMORE. NX being able to game on a TV and on the go is not some revolutionary new idea, it is something even a last gen portable could do.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

NX being able to game on a TV and on the go is not some revolutionary new idea, it is something even a last gen portable could do.

Kind of, the main difference is the NX will support multiple controllers, I.E local multiplayer on a tv, while the PSP could not ofc.

Though a smartphone can do handheld and gaming on a tv with multiple controllers, but again that lacks high quality software.

The NX is maybe not "revolutionary" but it should be the first device that actually does what it does well. Though I agree with what you said earlier that in the smart age we are in it will likely not viewed as "two devices in one!" by the majority of consumers.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Nobady says that PS4 is hybrid 

BINGO.

And you know why they don't? BECAUSE ALL MODERN SYSTEMS ARE "HYBRIDS" IN THAT THEY SERVE MULTIPLE ROLES, AND NOBODY THINKS OF MULTIMEDIA DEVICES AS HYBRIDS ANYMORE. NX being able to game on a TV and on the go is not some revolutionary new idea, it is something even a last gen portable could do.

Why then for PS4 and all other current consoles nobody ever didnt said they are hybrid but whole industry saying NX will be hybrid of home console and handheld!?

Because consoles in way you try to describe them are basically from PS1 in one or other way, but NX will truly be first real hybrid platform of handheld and home console, and that's why all people are saying NX is hybrid and nobady never said PS4 is hybrid.

1080p

Switch a PC game to 720p and tell me if that looks good upscaled. On TV's, that's less of a problem, but it still looks dated compared to the PS4.

curl-6 said:
last92 said:

On consoles released in 2013 that will probably be replaced by 2018-2019 and that will cost around 250$ or below by the end of this year.

NX launch is early 2017, thinking abount playing at 720p in 2020+ just saddens me. Well, unless Nintendo start releasing new consoles every 2-3 years, who knows.

Still, there will be sub-1080p games releasing on consoles until at least 2019, regardless of what Nintendo does.

Not for PS4 Neo, any decent PC, or Xbox Scorpio. 1080p with Wii U graphics is absolutely going to look much better than a 720p game with slightly better shaders/details. In fact, Nintendo's games are often let down by 720p. Mario Kart 8 at 1080p and proper texture filtering would be mind-blowing. 

720p native on a handheld would be coolio. 

720 with 60fps. I hope they give us an option for NX, maybe 7" NX?