By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 System Software 4.00 Will Feature Folders, UI Refresh And More

Well there it is.....

With an update like this it makes it hard asking for something else. Folders and library optimization won it for me.

Now all thats left is a proper browser, allowing me to use the track pad on said browser and then support for better fleshed out proper 3rd party apps like Kodi...etc. Cause right now all the apps seem to be stream based apps. I want proper local apps.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Please bring those to the PS3 as well...

that UI refresh just in time for NEO, HYPEEEE

Sounds fantastic!!! HYPE!!!

poklane said:

One thing I hope they'll add one day is tracking progress for Trophies which require you to do 1 thing multiple times. For example: Uncharted 4 has a Trophy which requires you to find 50 treasures, I should be able to go into my Trophy List and see how many treasures I've already found. Steam does this, XB1 does it, now it should be the PS4's turn.

That would be glorious. Would certainly help with determining whether your attempts at doing things are even registering. Sounds good so far. Folders, cleaned up library, offline trophies, less invasive UI menus during gameplay...all nice. The ability to de-Hidden-ize trophies will be nice for the non-plot trophies.

Around the Network

Folders!! Sweet sweet folders!

Been wanting this since launch, glad to finally have it.

BraLoD said:
Mike_L said:

I mean, the begging from the features started back with it, it deserves it! XD

While that's true, Sony gotta keep OS features exclusive to the PS4 in order to get you to upgrade.

BraLoD's priority list: LoD > OS features > all other games.

I'm still not entirely sure whether the actual announcement of a new LoD or the video of your naked run will be the biggest megaton.

OT: Like Lrdfancypants, I'm pretty satisfied with the OS on PS4 that is FAR superior to PS3's and I want it to stay fast and responsive. I have some minor wishes for future updates but they aren't crucial.

1. Displaying of total time spent playing
2. Wishlisting and gifting in PS Store
3. European launch of PS Now, PS Vue, PS Movies and Crackle

BraLoD said:
Mike_L said:

While that's true, Sony gotta keep OS features exclusive to the PS4 in order to get you to upgrade.

BraLoD's priority list: LoD > OS features > all other games.

I'm still not entirely sure whether the actual announcement of a new LoD or the video of your naked run will be the biggest megaton.

OT: Like Lrdfancypants, I'm pretty satisfied with the OS on PS4 that is FAR superior to PS3's and I want it to stay fast and responsive. I have some minor wishes for future updates but they aren't crucial.

1. Displaying of total time spent playing
2. Wishlisting and gifting in PS Store
3. European launch of PS Now, PS Vue, PS Movies and Crackle

Nah, games > OS features, even as yes, LoD > all.

And I've decided I would get the world in too much chaos with the later, so I'll try to not to do it, if LoD ever happens to be bring back XP

Yeah, you'll try but believe me. You won't succeed.

Besides, the world is already in chaos. It would only improve with a little piece of naked BraLoD.

All I care about is Sony make sure this update doesn't slow anything down.

The PS5 Exists. 

d21lewis said:
This update sounds fucking incredible

I totally agree, folders alone make me so refreshed! I will have place to put all the digital games I own.