By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 System Software 4.00 Will Feature Folders, UI Refresh And More

about damn time..no reason these should have taken so long to be implemented

Around the Network

Quick Menu:

Updated UI:

New profile screen:

New Share menu:

Loving the look of this update.

Is that glitter floating about, similar to the PS3 UI update.

Thanks for that Poklane. They look very clean and simple and that's what I like.

The PS5 Exists. 

Wow! Thanks poklane, it looks incredible! Sony really nailed this one

Around the Network

Ah folders!

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Looks like a great update. The quick menu looks familiar (XBO anyone?), but it is definitly a great addition, and will be a huge improvement for multiplayer.

I like folders, but I feel like pinning things to the front of the dynamic menu would be a bigger feature. Maybe we will see both, with the folders being able to be pinned up front.

Other than those two huge OS/UI based upgrades, I really hope they did some browser upgrades. I would love to have back the mouse and printer capabilities of the PS3. And, while they are making folders, being able to sort bookmarks into folders on the browser would be huge.

At any rate, Sony is doing a great job making the PS4 the best place to game, and watch video content.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

One new feature Sony didn't talk about: you can now record up to 60 minutes with the Share Button! There's also a 30 minute option.

poklane said:

One new feature Sony didn't talk about: you can now record up to 60 minutes with the Share Button! There's also a 30 minute option.

Why would there be a 30 minute option if you can record for 60 minutes? Is there any advantage to limiting it to 30?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
poklane said:

Why would there be a 30 minute option if you can record for 60 minutes? Is there any advantage to limiting it to 30?

Depending on the game, yes. For instance if you wanna record a FIFA match you're probably better of with 30 minutes instead of 60.