By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 System Software 4.00 Will Feature Folders, UI Refresh And More

Also, streaming now supports 720p/60FPS.

Around the Network
poklane said:

How are you finding this info and pics?

The PS5 Exists. 

I got an invite to the beta. Hopefully it's as good as it sounds.

This new update is going to break my fragile little mind.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I just got my beta code. Going to check it out here in few. Only 312 MB.

Around the Network

Great feature in the Quick Menu: the Quick Menu shows you what game you're playing. Besides 2 other options (seeing who you're playing with and friends in the same game who are playing in other sessions) it allows you to see your Trophy List for that game, and the Trophy List is automatically sorted with unearned Trophies at the top of the list.

GribbleGrunger said:
poklane said:

How are you finding this info and pics?

Someone in my friends list is in the Beta. Those pics I posted yesterday were from the official PlayStation Blog Flickr account.

Been playing around with it for about 5 minutes so far. I'm digging it. Cleaner layout and it seems to be much faster/smoother. Also some really cool features.

Heads up for anyone that gets in. It resets your display settings back to default. Was tripping out at first because my game looked washed out. 

My problem with the UI is all the ads. The idea of online console gaming was to allow us the ability to connect and play with people all over the world not shove ads down our throats constantly. The social feed quickly turned into a jumbled mess of "watch this movie on PS4 now! Download this game on PS4 now! Preorder this DLC now!" bla bla bla.

AlfredoTurkey said:

My problem with the UI is all the ads. The idea of online console gaming was to allow us the ability to connect and play with people all over the world not shove ads down our throats constantly. The social feed quickly turned into a jumbled mess of "watch this movie on PS4 now! Download this game on PS4 now! Preorder this DLC now!" bla bla bla.

Ads never bothered me. As long as they are related to the platform, I don't have an issue with it. If I started seeing McDonalds and Pizza Hut ads then it would be an issue.

poklane said:

Someone in my friends list is in the Beta. Those pics I posted yesterday were from the official PlayStation Blog Flickr account.

Thanks. Have you got in the beta? They went live today.

The PS5 Exists.