By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: NX will be first console where Mario and Zelda release together

Mario and Zelda:

Both will launch with NX 45 30.82%

Neither will with NX 9 6.16%

Zelda will launch with NX 86 58.90%

Mario will launch with NX 6 4.11%

Total:146

I'd like to see a new Mario at or near launch.

I highly doubt we'll get both games at the same time.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Depending on the circumstances it may be a good idea.

If the NX has some kind of gimmick, they'll need some kind of major title to show it off. Zelda obviously wasn't designed to do so, so a Mario game could work well.

I don't think it's necessary for Mario to be a holiday release. Honestly, if the system can't hold its momentum till the holidays on its own, then it's dead anyways.

The release of two or more good games at the same time seems to be too much choice for some Nintendo fans. ;)

You may be right. I find it increasingly unlikely that BotW will release in March at NX launch, so there could be a Holiday Mario game as well as BotW.

I think Mario Maker port and Zelda: Breath of the Wild are going to be both launch titles.

Around the Network

Unlikely, that would probably hurt both of them. I think we might see something like this based on rumors of what is in development
Zelda at launch in March
Luigi's Mansion 3 in May
Pikmin 4 in July
Metroid in September
Pokemon in early November
Mario on the Friday before Thanksgiving

If we do its probably gonna be New Super Mario Bro: Wah wah 

melbye said:
Unlikely, that would probably hurt both of them. I think we might see something like this based on rumors of what is in development
Zelda at launch in March
Luigi's Mansion 3 in May
Pikmin 4 in July
Metroid in September

That would probably be the single most prolific year in Nintendo history. That sounds a tad optimistic to me.

MTZehvor said:
melbye said:
Zelda at launch in March
Luigi's Mansion 3 in May
Pikmin 4 in July
Metroid in September

That would probably be the single most prolific year in Nintendo history. That sounds a tad optimistic to me.

Optimistic? Nintendo should be aiming far higher then that. The NX cannot fail no matter what it turns out to be. It's first year must be a success.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
MTZehvor said:

Optimistic? Nintendo should be aiming far higher then that. The NX cannot fail no matter what it turns out to be. It's first year must be a success.

^ this. With a unified Library they cant just do "same as always" and just release the same amount of software they did for the Wii U and be happy about it.

There needs to be twice as much software as the Wii U had, with a better start than the Wii U had.

Its not quite do or die, but nintendo need to show they still have what it takes.