By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: NX will be first console where Mario and Zelda release together

Mario and Zelda:

Both will launch with NX 45 30.82%

Neither will with NX 9 6.16%

Zelda will launch with NX 86 58.90%

Mario will launch with NX 6 4.11%

Total:146

I don't agree, but that doesn't mean you won't be right.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

I don't think so. Nintendo needs big games for after the launch. Especially after the WiiU.

The big 3D Mario game appears to be a holiday title for the NX, based on what Miyamoto has said, but I guess that doesn't mean that a different Mario title can't be a launch title, such as the rumored Super Mario Maker port.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Not the same day but I think the Mario, Zelda and Pokemon in the first 6 months rumor is true. Luigi's Mansion and Breath of the wild as launch day titles is most likely!

spurgeonryan said:
Maybe an HD remake of Mario.

HD remake of Super Mario 64 would be a dream come true.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Hope not.

The rumors on NX so far make it appear like it will be dead on arrival anyway.

They need to convince people to buy it first before throwing games at it.

Cobretti2 said:
Hope not.

So they should just focus on the console itself when they reveal it and not tell us what games it will get from them or any third party?

Probably not together since that would be overkill, but Mario/Zelda games have launched within under a year before.

Super NES - Super Mario World (August 1991 US), Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (April 1992 US)

Wii - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nov. 2006), Super Mario Galaxy (Nov. 2007)

GameCube - Super Mario Sunshine (July 2002 JPN), Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (Dec 2002 JPN)

I was before in train for saying 3D Mario and Zelda will be launched titles for NX, now I am more thinking that 3D Mario will be big NX holiday season game instead.

Cobretti2 said:
Hope not.

Product that aim console and handheld market in same time, that will have great Nintendo launch lineup with one most hyped Nintendo game ever like launch title, and affordable price, will be dead on arrival!?

Best way to convice people to buy console is to have great games on launch in 1st year.