By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Netflix boss defends giving Adam Sandler money to make awful films | 'The two movies premiered at No. 1 in every single territory of Netflix around the world'

All of the Sandler movies have been hit or miss over the years. The Ridiculous Six was extremely stupid, yet still funny and entertaining. Thats what I was expecting, and thats what makes his movies successful. The audience gets exactly what the were expecting.

The only people complaining are the ones who actually expected something else.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

The ridicilous 6 whas atleast 10 times better then Ghostbusters 2016

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Haven't seen The Ridiculous 6, but The Do-Over, even as a bad movie, it was better than whatever he made through Columbia Pictures these past few years. Still, I don't like how this is looking. More shitty Sandler movies in a well-established platform, and people will still watch it out of curiosity.

Q/微信158167775办理国外大学毕业证成绩单和教育部学历学位认证★诚招代理★
洲际教育留学服务中心面向世界各国留学生提供以下服务:
真实教育部学历学位认证,教育部留学服务中心永久存档可查。
毕业证、成绩单等全套材料,从防伪到印刷,从水印到钢印烫金,与学校100%相同。
办理真实使馆公证(即留学回国人员证明,免费申请货后付款,不成功不收费!!!)
可以提供钢印、水印、烫金、激光防伪、凹凸版、最新版的毕业证、百分之百让您绝对满意、设计,印刷,DHL快递;毕业证、成绩单7个工作日,真实大使馆教育部认证2个月。

People are curious is all. Free movies? Of course they'll watch them. Ridiculous 6 wasn't the worst Sandler movie, but I would hardly call it a comeback.

He should just focus on making GOOD films, instead of the same rehashed, cheap laughs garbage he's been doing for 25 years now.

Around the Network
maxleresistant said:
hunter_alien said:

It does hurt me, because it sets a trend that many will follow. This way they will mostly pour in money and waste tallent on crappy movies. Sandler is horrible. He didnt manage to get out something remotely funny for 15 years or so, but he will still make garbage like these because it still has a huge audience. Pretty sad, if you ask me.

crappy movies have always been part of the industry, and always will be, so does crappy music, crappy restaurants, crappy games, crappy everything.

It's just how it is, if Adam Sandler had never existed, there would still be someone else making crappy movies.

True, but why does that contradict what I stated earlier? It does hurt me. Its only a small part, but the whole is made up by small parts like him. Just because everyone is doing it, there is absolutly no reason to not call it out for what it is. 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I liked the do over haven't seen ridiculous 6 yet:

I admit that I saw "The Do Over" in my free Netflix month, so I am part of the problem. But I also saw Stranger Things, Doctor Who and Better Call Saul, so I hope it is a wash. ;)

Bad is relative and that's what he's talking about. If everyone likes something that is considered shit on Rotten Tomatoes, does it really suck?

I haven't seen the Ridiculous 6. I did see The Do Over a few days ago. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great. The reviews are defiantly off. It was dumb brainless fun, it had a few funny movements. Not as many as I expected. But the bottom line was that I was entertained and I had fun. That's what the audience wants. A movie can be very well done and highly critically acclaimed. But if it doesn't entertain the masses. That doesn't mean jack shit. The reason people still watch his Movies is because people are entertained. Which is not something a critic is trained to grade.

Audience review score > Critic review score

That is all that matters to people who make films. The former determines the success of the film. The latter determines quality and is a pat on the back. Both push a movies success through exposer and word of mouth. The former won't score you any Oscars or a Golden Globe xD