By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Windows 10 Anti-Chrome Pop up

Around the Network

It could very much be possible that what it is saying is the truth.

This is bad. If they don't label it clearly as advertisement and/or provide a link to prove the claim it's straight up criminal.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I guess ill stick to W7 as long as I can... Damn monopolic moves of microsoft...
I should axe down my XBone and upload the video to youtube to start the resistence

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

is that allowed? is this something they could get sued for?

vivster said:
This is bad. If they don't label it clearly as advertisement and/or provide a link to prove the claim it's straight up criminal.

^ this is my thinking.

Around the Network

Ha, I read about this in a news article. Funny stuff.

My reply would be, "No. I just dumped my Windows machines and now only own Chromebooks. 99% faster and longer battery life."

Chrome has been known to run heavy on Windows and even on Android, specially with the wrong extensions.

With that being said, I would rather have chrome than edge.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yeah, I've gotten this message before as well. "Upgrading" to Windows 10 was a pretty big mistake for me.  Another thing Microsoft likes to do is force Microsoft Edge onto my taskbar every now and then.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

vivster said:

lol no.

Windows 10 is a free update, they can do whatever the f*ck they want. I'm serious, not saying they should, they should respect the consumer, but that's not the world we live in, and they have every rights to do whatever please them with their own OS.

Stuff like this doesn't belong in an OS. This is also why I don't like OS developer's tight control and forced updates. Although I expected things like this to happen, I'm surprised at how soon Microsoft started pulling these things off.