By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Windows 10 Anti-Chrome Pop up

Ganoncrotch said:
DonFerrari said:
And before we had I.E. as the main platform to download Firefox, and Bing as the searching gear for looking up to it or to google... now they only labeled it Edge... but it kept it fame and now MS is pushing harder.

Internet explorer is still tucked away inside Windows 10 as well, for compatibility reasons with certain sites for banking etc! Hidden in the back of course, but it's still there, doing it's IE thing :)

Well, on that they don't have much choice, and if it didn't had that we wouldn't be able to use a lot of bank and govenrment sites (in fact, in my company PC if I use a I.E. version that is too new it won't open a lot of sites)

Ganoncrotch said:
DonFerrari said:

I'm waiting for a ad on PS4 saying how worse and slower/weaker X1 is.

Enjoy 36% more frames/Pixels if you played this game on PS4 instead?

Yep, they should put it in every screen loading and game start.

LudicrousSpeed said:
You're using Microsoft's software. Theyre going to advertise their stuff to you. Just like if you visit Google on a non-Google browser, they say something about Chrome being better.

People are comparing it to other game companies, games are not a relevant comparison. You can't play Sony software on a Microsoft console. Otherwise, Sony would advertise the PS4 version.

Sony had multiplats in the past (that if I'm not wrong even had PC versions, but wouldn't say Nintendo console version was better) and also the company that was recently spun off that done MMO was PC compatible and even then they didn't put advertise against the PC version inside the game.

Besides that, the one comparing other gaming companies was someone trying to defend MS not the opposite.

And again, the problem with the advertise isn't the advertise itself, it's that MS is using an unfair practice (like they done in the past against Netscape, by offering their free browser already pre-instaled on the windows itself), because they are leveraging their monopoly in OS to promote their products while also tarnishing their competitor and trying to move sales by that.

And google saying their site works better in their browser is a lot more like I.E. in the past asking to be default browser than this case in hand because it didn't said "Google Chrome is X% better than this browser you are using" and on the case of google you are willingly going to their page instead of the OS being installed in the machine you bought and also giving intrusive ads.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Bandorr said:

Do they? I just loaded google up in IE - no mention of it there. Loaded it up in Firefox - I don't see any mention there either.

Safari? Nope still no pop up saying "chrome is better use chrome".

So can you explain - or link to a source - how visiting google on any browser will cause it to say "using chrome is better"?

There you go. Took me one try on IE. Obviously, they are not going to bombard you with the ad every single time you use Google :)

Google working better with Chrome is definitely different to "your PC battery will last 36% longer with this browser" though, one is a simple case of their site and search engine being utterly as compatible as possible with their code used in their own browser. The other relies on graphics drivers, PC cpus, screen size, battery capacity, even if on a single device it was true that you could get a 36% longer battery by running edge instead of Chrome chances are on 99.9999% of devices you would not see the same results because of all the factors which have to be taken into account, that said the advert/tip does say "up to" and if broadband speeds have thought users anything, the words "up to" should always mean "in our wildest hopes and dreams, once in a blue moon, if the wind is blowing in the right direction and no one else is doing anything in the world which uses electricity".

Still though I think there is a big difference between "our search engine works best with our browser" and "your PC/tablet battery will work for 36% longer with our browser" one is plausible the other is a Pokemon holding a leek!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive