By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Windows 10 Anti-Chrome Pop up

I honestly don't see a problem with it. Google has been doing this for years when you open other browsers:

BTW, I don't have a problem with it, but it doesn't mean I agree with either MS or Google doing it, it's a shady business move imo.

It's probably true though, Chrome is resource-heavy as f*ck lol

Around the Network
maxleresistant said:
vivster said:
This is bad. If they don't label it clearly as advertisement and/or provide a link to prove the claim it's straight up criminal.

lol no.

Windows 10 is a free update, they can do whatever the f*ck they want. I'm serious, not saying they should, they should respect the consumer, but that's not the world we live in, and they have every rights to do whatever please them with their own OS.

They can not do whatever the fuck they want. Even if it's free. There are laws.

maxleresistant said:
vivster said:
This is bad. If they don't label it clearly as advertisement and/or provide a link to prove the claim it's straight up criminal.

lol no.

Windows 10 is a free update, they can do whatever the f*ck they want. I'm serious, not saying they should, they should respect the consumer, but that's not the world we live in, and they have every rights to do whatever please them with their own OS.

*was a free update. It's not free anymore, it's a paid product now and it's not cheap. Anything they do with the OS, they have to consider the users that have paid for the OS even though a large portion got it for free. In some years years from now, the majority of users will have paid for the license either directly or indirectly (bundled with a computer).

Vini256 said:

I honestly don't see a problem with it. Google has been doing this for years when you open other browsers:

It's probably true too, Chrome is resource-heavy as f*ck lol

That's a website, and a lot of websites have these things called ads. Even Google has them, and I don't see a problem with this. I'd have a problem if Google did something like this in Android though (and I guess they probably have, but I haven't noticed personally).

Bandorr said:
maxleresistant said:

lol no.

They have been sued many times over their own OS.

And not only sued but also forced to pay and bundle an application for choosing another browser. Yes, a browser, the very thing that's at the core of this controversiality.

Around the Network

Ugh. I've only ever opened up Microsoft Edge on accident, and it's going to remain that way.

Been seeing that on my laptop as well.

Of course Microsoft is doing this. Because OF COURSE they are. If only I wasn't too lazy to switch-out Windows 8.1 and learn the basics of a new OS, I could be rid of them for good. Some day though. Some day....

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Even if that's true. Lasts 36% longer, for 36% longer loading times.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

vivster said:

They are, just click on it...
It is a known fact that Chromie is sucking up battery, even Safari/Firefox are better. And for Edge, they actually made and published the tests.