By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Windows 10 Anti-Chrome Pop up

ArchangelMadzz said:
Even if that's true. Lasts 36% longer, for 36% longer loading times.

With this statement; we can clearly see that you never used Edge as it is loading faster than Chrome most of the time.

Around the Network
maxleresistant said:
vivster said:
This is bad. If they don't label it clearly as advertisement and/or provide a link to prove the claim it's straight up criminal.

lol no.

Windows 10 is a free update, they can do whatever the f*ck they want. I'm serious, not saying they should, they should respect the consumer, but that's not the world we live in, and they have every rights to do whatever please them with their own OS.

The fact that Wiondows 10 was so easily available makes this even worse. Microsoft is using its own market power and resources to actively pushing competitors out of the market. That's what you call abuse of power and is closely watched by government agencies all over the world and for good reason.

The next thing is straight out discrediting a close competitor without any citation or proof. That is also in a lot of countries and cases a crime.

It's so bad that stuff like that is forbidden even in this forum where it doesn't even have world wide implications.

If I called you a fucking asshat and then defended myself saying that your account on this forum was free, I would still get a ban.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Imaginedvl said:
vivster said:
This is bad. If they don't label it clearly as advertisement and/or provide a link to prove the claim it's straight up criminal.

They are, just click on it...
It is a known fact that Chromie is sucking up battery, even Safari/Firefox are better. And for Edge, they actually made and published the tests.

If it is a known fact then why do they feel the need to pester a user with this notification? And if they have done the tests why are they too shy to make them available to said pstered user right away?

It might be their own OS but this is shady behavior at best and a crime at worst.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Imaginedvl said:

It is a known fact that Chromie is sucking up battery, even Safari/Firefox are better. And for Edge, they actually made and published the tests.

If it is a known fact then why do they feel the need to pester a user with this notification? And if they have done the tests why are they too shy to make them available to said pstered user right away?

It might be their own OS but this is shady behavior at best and a crime at worst.

And now you are even changing your tone from "they are lying, no proof" to "even with proof why telling it to the user", this is funny :)
You sound like you are on a crusade right now. What you are saying makes no sense... Esp. coming out with this as a crime. 

Google, Apple, Sony, etc. They are all promoting their own products (as well as others) on their own platform.
But if Microsoft is doing; it is a crime now? 

Just stop.

vivster said:
Imaginedvl said:

Is it still possible to turn off the action center in Win10 to remove these "informative" suggestions to use microsoft products instead of their rivals, it's strangely worded too, 36% more browsing time,  I mean that is suggesting that it lowers the battery time as a whole by 36% of a device running a different browser even with absolutely absolutely nothing else running on the system I would find that very hard to believe.

If I'm running my tablet for just basic word processing say... but change over to gaming then I can see it take a hit like that to the battery time which it would give, but changing from one browser to the other extending a battery by almost 40% would be nuts.

(as for the comments about the crusade up above, pot, kettle, etc.)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Seems like MS forgot their anti-trust sue process from the time of netscape... are they willing to get another hefty sue?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

And before we had I.E. as the main platform to download Firefox, and Bing as the searching gear for looking up to it or to google... now they only labeled it Edge... but it kept it fame and now MS is pushing harder.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Imaginedvl said:
vivster said:

And now you are even changing your tone from "they are lying, no proof" to "even with proof why telling it to the user", this is funny :)
You sound like you are on a crusade right now. What you are saying makes no sense... Esp. coming out with this as a crime. 

Google, Apple, Sony, etc. They are all promoting their own products (as well as others) on their own platform.

Just stop.

I'm waiting for a ad on PS4 saying how worse and slower/weaker X1 is.

DonFerrari said:
And before we had I.E. as the main platform to download Firefox, and Bing as the searching gear for looking up to it or to google... now they only labeled it Edge... but it kept it fame and now MS is pushing harder.

Internet explorer is still tucked away inside Windows 10 as well, for compatibility reasons with certain sites for banking etc! Hidden in the back of course, but it's still there, doing it's IE thing :)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

DonFerrari said:
Imaginedvl said:

Just stop.

I'm waiting for a ad on PS4 saying how worse and slower/weaker X1 is.

Enjoy 36% more frames/Pixels if you played this game on PS4 instead?