By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Go $160mil global revenue! Oras sales doubled since released

Pokémon Go tops $160M in global revenue, time spent in-app remains high

Source:https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/02/po..._share=twitter

I’m still trying to deal with losing Pokévision, too, but Niantic’s recent changes to the game don’t seem to be putting a damper on player appetite just yet — new data from analytics firm Sensor Tower reveals that users are still spending, on average, around 26 minutes per day in the app in the U.S., which is actually a slight increase compared to the average play duration the week prior to the update’s arrival.

And yes, users are still opening the app about the same amount of time, too — around six times per day, for the most part.

Meanwhile, users have also spent a pretty penny on various Poké-accoutrements during its less than 30 days of existence: Sensor Tower estimates about $160 million in total revenue, which makes sense given App Annie now says it’s netting about $10 million daily from its user pool, which has grown considerably since launch with the addition of new markets.

While Nintendo is only going to see a relatively small direct upside from that net revenue figure, it’s benefiting in other ways from Go’s continued success: 3DS sales of the most recent Pokémon series installment for that platform have doubled since Go’s debut.

Around the Network

I wonder what kind of profit-per-employee PokeCo has? I bet it's pretty impressive.

Also, shouldn't this be in Mobile?

Someone in a news article on this site made a comment the other day that I didn't think of, as soon as Winter comes Pokemon Go is going to be decimated.

This thing is insane. We don't have it here in Brazil yet, and some TV Shows are talking about "Pokémon Go Fever" already.

A lot of my friends are excited about it, including my little cousin... I won't play it because I don't have a Mobile Device, and this kind of thing doesn't interest me, to be honest.

pokoko said:
I wonder what kind of profit-per-employee PokeCo has? I bet it's pretty impressive.

The profit earned is for the company, not per employee. I could develop a game that earns a billion dollars, my salary would be the same. Maybe a bonus if the company wants.

Around the Network
Mowco said:
Someone in a news article on this site made a comment the other day that I didn't think of, as soon as Winter comes Pokemon Go is going to be decimated.

Tell that to Aussies surviving the chilly ice cold winter right now ;)

I wonder how accurate these estimates are... If they're accurate then that's incredible.

pokoko said:

It could be in either, Pokemon is still a Nintendo IP, it being in Nintendo forum is not wrong. 

Also profit per employee must be huge since PokeCo is basically just a brand management company. 

onionberry said:
pokoko said:

The profit earned is for the company, not per employee. I could develop a game that earns a billion dollars, my salary would be the same. Maybe a bonus if the company wants.

No ...

It's a metric, and one that's valued in certain industries.  Apple makes about $400,000 per employee, Walmart makes about $6000 per employee.  Gabe Newell once said Value makes more per employee than Apple, thought that's been years ago.

onionberry said:
pokoko said:

He just means how many employees the company has compared to how much profit they are making, less people working to make millions some people find impressive in comparison to something like tesco that handles billions but has 10s of thousands of employees doing work.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive