By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSVita owners, are you excited for NX?

Excited

Yes 87 39.55%

No 89 40.45%

Unsure 44 20.00%

Total:220

Good luck to them. I hope it's a great handheld, but I have no plans to buy it, so I'm not really excited.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Conina said:
Faelco said:

It's not about power, because Visual Novels do not need a lot of power (example of popular Vita genre). Its about the audience, and the Vita audience is not the same at all as the Nintendo audience. The Japanese Vita games already started to become Vita+PS4 or even Vita+Steam, they will become PS4 or Steam when the Vita will die. But if the audience is not on the NX, even if the handheld is powerful, the games won't sell on it.

I doubt that there is no audience for Visual Novels on Nintendo handhelds. The main problem for that kind of games on DS and 3DS was the low display resolution. If they fix that for the NX-handheld, many Vita games will be ported.

I didn't even think about it before someone mentioned it here, but another problem is the region lock. For an european Vita owner, buying US games and even some japanese games is usual stuff, because a lot of games do not come to Europe (at least physically). If Nintendo keeps being against it with the NX, then it's not for me.

Dr.Vita said:
TH-Work said:

At least Nintendo is making games for their platform ;)

LOL
Nintendo has abandoned the Wii U since last year and Nintendo hasn't released one big game for it in this year... xD
And btw Playstation Vita has more ecclusives than Wii U. ;)

I'm talking about that Nintendo is still making games for the nintendo Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, and that
Sony doesen't give a shit about the PlayStation Vita! It's about 1st Party support ;)

In a lot of ways since Sony looks basically to not be making a successor to the Vita, that the NX is basically the successor to the Vita too (in addition to the Wii U and 3DS), Sony will be too busy with multiple PS4 models and VR which is like its own platform. 

The developers that are supporting the Vita now will largely migrate over to the NX IMO, it's the only choice for them as making high budget PS4 Neo/Scorpio games is likely not in the cards for those types of studios. 

NX is the perfect fit for Vita devs. 

How can we be excited about something we know virtually nothing about?

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
kitler53 said:

if it was portable i'd have crossed over easy.  i liked my vita more than my ds but i greatly liked my ds to smartphone gaming.  since sony is clearly not making another portable i had pretty much figured i'd be buying the next nintendo portable.

...but it has to be truely portable.  i don't play portables at home, i play portables on my commute to/from work.  i'm not lugging anything the size of an ipad around on the train each day no matter what it does.  hell, even the vita is a bit oversized but at least it more or less fits in my back pocket even if it sticks out the top.

..and as a home console it isn't very appealing either.  nintendo would be asking me to sacrifice on a lot on other things to have the "mobile" feature.  that isn't a feature i care about in a home console.  i care about things like comfortable controllers with a good battery life and a good value between price and performance.  i think NX won't do well in those areas compared to playstation and xbox.

i just don't see a place for this in my gaming habits.

If you already have a PS4 or XB1 where would a vanilla/standard Nintendo console fit anyway? You already have a PS4 for PS4 type experiences. 

Nintendo is right to go in a different direction here, there is zero room for 5 freaking consoles (PS4, PS4 Neo, Scorpio, XB1, NX) all trying to do the same thing when the industry has shown it won't even support 3 that try the same thing at once. 

A Vita in your back pocket too? That must be a massive back pocket. 

your counting is wrong.  ps4 and ps neo shares 100% the same library,.. it is the same console.  same probably goes for xb1 and scorpio depending on which pr you believe.

nothing has changed,.. it's still playstation vs. xbox vs. nintendo.

a different direction is probably the right direction but that doesn't mean this particular hardware is any good.  nintendo fans will still be nintendo fans but for the rest of this the NX is just awkward.

Soundwave said:

In a lot of ways since Sony looks basically to not be making a successor to the Vita, that the NX is basically the successor to the Vita too (in addition to the Wii U and 3DS), Sony will be too busy with multiple PS4 models and VR which is like its own platform. 

The developers that are supporting the Vita now will largely migrate over to the NX IMO, it's the only choice for them as making high budget PS4 Neo/Scorpio games is likely not in the cards for those types of studios. 

NX is the perfect fit for Vita devs. 

you're kidding right?

the only reason vita get's any support is because sony made it easy for indie developers targeting ps4 to downport to vita.  you don't have to be high buget to be on ps4.

I've owned 2 PS Vita's (currently don't own one though) and I'm excited for the NX.

After how terrible both the Vita and Wii U were, absolutely not. Don't like the direction Nintendo's going with this "console" at all.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

twintail said:
teigaga said:

I bought the Vita during its launch year but it never quite lived up to my expectations despite the hardware being amazing. Nintendo may finally combine bleeding edge hardware (for a handheld), with great software support (Ninty first party and a monopoly over Japanese 3rd party). Does this prospect excite you? Will the NX deliver what the Vita failed?

They dont have a monopoly over 3rd party on handhelds so no, its not that interesting atm.

I think its likely they will when the Vita dies in 2017 and Sony don't issue a replacement.