By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSVita owners, are you excited for NX?

Excited

Yes 87 39.55%

No 89 40.45%

Unsure 44 20.00%

Total:220

No, I bought a 3DS and a WiiU both hardly ever get used.

Around the Network
Faelco said:
Jranation said:

Well if the NX handheld is as or more powerful than the PsVita and easy to make/port games to it. We might start seeing those Japanese games on the NX + perhaps those big third parties to make a game on it. 

It's not about power, because Visual Novels do not need a lot of power (example of popular Vita genre). Its about the audience, and the Vita audience is not the same at all as the Nintendo audience. The Japanese Vita games already started to become Vita+PS4 or even Vita+Steam, they will become PS4 or Steam when the Vita will die. But if the audience is not on the NX, even if the handheld is powerful, the games won't sell on it.

I doubt that there is no audience for Visual Novels on Nintendo handhelds. The main problem for that kind of games on DS and 3DS was the low display resolution. If they fix that for the NX-handheld, many Vita games will be ported.

Even if I've probably charged that poor thing's battery three or four times since I bought it in 2014, I guess that it still makes me a Vita owner. So to answer the question, if the NX is actually a handheld then sure, I'll buy it, but probably not in the first year since I believe that the 3DS will still has some really interesting games coming in 2017..

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Dr.Vita said:

LOL
Nintendo has abandoned the Wii U since last year and Nintendo hasn't released one big game for it in this year... xD
And btw Playstation Vita has more ecclusives than Wii U. ;)

Zelda: Breath of the Wild is still coming. It's not exclusive, but still looks like one of the biggest Wii U games.

And there's a new Paper Mario coming.

It's still exclusive to a Nintendo platform though. Can't say the same for the recent porting of Vita titles to PC though since Sony doesn't own that platform.

Really Nintendo are still supporting the Wii U than Sony is not supporting the Vita with it's own 1st party titles.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

zero129 said:

Yeah i think i was getting you mixed up with Vita.

Didn't he get gifted his VIta though?. I mean if you get gifted it and don't plan of ever using it then yeah that doesn't make you a handheld gamer, but if you do end up using it more often then not then I;d say that makes you a handheld gamer.

I own only 6 physical 3DS games and a few digital downloads, I count myself easily as a handheld gamer, even if all my physical games aren't specifically Nintendo ones. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network
Chazore said:
zero129 said:

Yeah i think i was getting you mixed up with Vita.

Didn't he get gifted his VIta though?. I mean if you get gifted it and don't plan of ever using it then yeah that doesn't make you a handheld gamer, but if you do end up using it more often then not then I;d say that makes you a handheld gamer.

I own only 6 physical 3DS games and a few digital downloads, I count myself easily as a handheld gamer, even if all my physical games aren't specifically Nintendo ones. 

Correct!  You have a good memory.  My Vita was gifted to me and funnily enough this person asked me was I getting a Vita when it first released and I said no,  I wasn't interested.  But he goes and buys me it anyway.  SMH.  

So I had to at least put it to good use after him spending that money on the gift. So I completed uncharted which came with it.  Resistance burning skies,  and killzone mercenary.  I bought ratchet and clank (tower defense game)  but gave up because it was shit.  

Apart from that I played the ps1 classics I'd bought on ps3 on it at night.  So spyro 1-3,  crash bandicoot 1-3, crash team racing and mgs1. 

I think that's it.  There are other games like God of war chains of olympus and ghost of sparta,  or metal gear solid 2/3 which I owned for it.  But they were cross buy so I played them on the big screen.  Including mgs peace Walker.  

If that makes me a handheld gamer then so be it but I'm definitely under the category of vita owner and thus qualify for this thread.  And my answer is zero interest in the NX.

I haven't touched the vita in about 2 years and my little stint of gaming on it all took place in the space of 12 months.  I also used it to remote play my ps4 from bed. 

Now if anyone else has a problem with my opinion on the NX feel free to have another go ;)

Kerotan said:
Chazore said:

Correct!  You have a good memory.  My Vita was gifted to me and funnily enough this person asked me was I getting a Vita when it first released and I said no,  I wasn't interested.  But he goes and buys me it anyway.  SMH.  

So I had to at least put it to good use after him spending that money on the gift. So I completed uncharted which came with it.  Resistance burning skies,  and killzone mercenary.  I bought ratchet and clank (tower defense game)  but gave up because it was shit.  

Apart from that I played the ps1 classics I'd bought on ps3 on it at night.  So spyro 1-3,  crash bandicoot 1-3, crash team racing and mgs1. 

I think that's it.  There are other games like God of war chains of olympus and ghost of sparta,  or metal gear solid 2/3 which I owned for it.  But they were cross buy so I played them on the big screen.  Including mgs peace Walker.  

If that makes me a handheld gamer then so be it but I'm definitely under the category of vita owner and thus qualify for this thread.  And my answer is zero interest in the NX.

I haven't touched the vita in about 2 years and my little stint of gaming on it all took place in the space of 12 months.  I also used it to remote play my ps4 from bed. 

Now if anyone else has a problem with my opinion on the NX feel free to have another go ;)

You're basically me when it comes to handheld gaming lol. I recently nabbed Pokemon Yellow on 3DS since it was on sale and have some of the old Mario and Sonic titles.

It's a good thing you kept it though, being able to play Crash and the like on the go is always a nice thing.

I don't have an issue with your opinion on not wanting the NX, I was just wondering why you didn't count yourself as a handheld gamer despite using the device.

Chazore said:
Kerotan said:

You're basically me when it comes to handheld gaming lol. I recently nabbed Pokemon Yellow on 3DS since it was on sale and have some of the old Mario and Sonic titles.

It's a good thing you kept it though, being able to play Crash and the like on the go is always a nice thing.

I don't have an issue with your opinion on not wanting the NX, I was just wondering why you didn't count yourself as a handheld gamer despite using the device.

I don't count myself as a handheld gamer because I haven't in about two years and previous to that never gamed on a handheld.  

Funny thing was I never gamed on the go. Just when I was lying in bed haha.  

Calling me a handheld gamer would be like calling you now a Playstation gamer if you owned a Sony console in the past.  

Nothing against handheld gaming,  it's just not really for me.  I'm all about the big screen. 

So far, yeah. I like the idea of a high powered gaming handheld and console caliber experiences on the go; it's why I bought my Vita, after all. I also like the idea of Nintendo's library unifying on one device instead of being split between home and mobile products (should really help strengthen the lineup even without much help from third parties). Assuming there is no PSP3, I'm glad that Nintendo should be taking up some of the Sony handheld's (~failed) crusade. Just hope it's executed well.

I have a Vita and I'm looking forward to the NX, but that's more because I'm a Nintendo fan over a Vita fan.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz