By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSVita owners, are you excited for NX?

Excited

Yes 87 39.55%

No 89 40.45%

Unsure 44 20.00%

Total:220

Most Vita developers will jump aboard the NX now that it's basically the only defacto portable gaming system. 

NX will outsell Vita in Japan quickly too thanks to Nintendo's IPs and is a far better piece of hardware, so those developers will be able to make better games.

Around the Network

If it gets the jrpgs i want and the price is right i will buy it. Maybe a year after release. Was more interested after it was reported as a portable since those are the only that nintendo gets right

NX will get a lot of Japanese support, I don't really doubt that. It already has Dragon Quest XI from the sounds of it.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Thread is bumming me hardcore. I was hoping for some more crossover fans :(

if it was portable i'd have crossed over easy.  i liked my vita more than my ds but i greatly liked my ds to smartphone gaming.  since sony is clearly not making another portable i had pretty much figured i'd be buying the next nintendo portable.

...but it has to be truely portable.  i don't play portables at home, i play portables on my commute to/from work.  i'm not lugging anything the size of an ipad around on the train each day no matter what it does.  hell, even the vita is a bit oversized but at least it more or less fits in my back pocket even if it sticks out the top.

..and as a home console it isn't very appealing either.  nintendo would be asking me to sacrifice on a lot on other things to have the "mobile" feature.  that isn't a feature i care about in a home console.  i care about things like comfortable controllers with a good battery life and a good value between price and performance.  i think NX won't do well in those areas compared to playstation and xbox.

i just don't see a place for this in my gaming habits.

zero129 said:
Kerotan said:
As a Vita owner I have zero interest. Nintendo haven't appealed to me for a long time now and I don't expect it to change.

Dont you like JRPG's??. Dont you love when Vita gets JRPG's and your main problem with Nintendo 3DS having low quality graphics is now gone?

Pretty much you dont have to enjoy Nintendo only games to like their handhelds and id imagine if this was PSVita2 (And by all accounts it kinda is Nintendos Vita 2) you would be excited so what exactly is making you not excited here?. Just it being Nintendo?.

*EDIT*

I could be thinking of a different user here but im pretty sure i seen you praise Vita when it gets new games before?.

Also is the reason you dont show interest in handhelds no more cos you know Sony wont be making anymore?.

Lol :D 

I never showed interest in any handhelds period not even the PSP.  so your theory based on false assumptions is...  Eh...  False. 

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

if it was portable i'd have crossed over easy.  i liked my vita more than my ds but i greatly liked my ds to smartphone gaming.  since sony is clearly not making another portable i had pretty much figured i'd be buying the next nintendo portable.

...but it has to be truely portable.  i don't play portables at home, i play portables on my commute to/from work.  i'm not lugging anything the size of an ipad around on the train each day no matter what it does.  hell, even the vita is a bit oversized but at least it more or less fits in my back pocket even if it sticks out the top.

..and as a home console it isn't very appealing either.  nintendo would be asking me to sacrifice on a lot on other things to have the "mobile" feature.  that isn't a feature i care about in a home console.  i care about things like comfortable controllers with a good battery life and a good value between price and performance.  i think NX won't do well in those areas compared to playstation and xbox.

If you already have a PS4 or XB1 where would a vanilla/standard Nintendo console fit anyway? You already have a PS4 for PS4 type experiences. 

Nintendo is right to go in a different direction here, there is zero room for 5 freaking consoles (PS4, PS4 Neo, Scorpio, XB1, NX) all trying to do the same thing when the industry has shown it won't even support 3 that try the same thing at once. 

A Vita in your back pocket too? That must be a massive back pocket. 

kitler53 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Fair enough. If the Eurogamer report is true this isn't a device that will be easily packed away in a pocket.

I'm hopeful the rumors are false and Nintendo will release something like you're describing. 

if all else fails you can chip away at the PSV backlog for some time. Not to mention PSP and PS1 classics available on it.

NX will be a way, way better platform than the Vita. The Vita is a low bar, Sony barely supported it, neither did Capcom or Square-Enix really, Nintendo will support the NX like no Nintendo platform before it, and the likes of Capcom, Square-Enix and all these little studios doing Vita stuff will likely support the NX too.

Going upmarket with specs and form factor is smart IMO. Companies will make bigger/more serious games for the NX than previous portables have gotten and this is neccessary because mobile/phones basically control the market for small scale/bite size gaming. 

Nintendo is making the right call in going upmarket with a portable device that can more approximate real console experiences. 

Not at all.

I can't support nintendo anymore after the Wii, WiiU and 3ds.

If the NX is region-locked, again, i will never buy it, or only when it's fully cracked.

As a persona 4 golden machine owner, yeah I'm excited.