By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSVita owners, are you excited for NX?

Excited

Yes 87 39.55%

No 89 40.45%

Unsure 44 20.00%

Total:220

Tegra X1 destroys the Vita in performance. Absolutely destroys it. I had a Vita and while it was nice, from the sounds of it NX is more of the real deal in bringing out a high performance portable, Vita really could not run console quality games and half the games didn't even run at the native screen resolution.

Around the Network

If NX can replace my Vita as a Phone, and have full support for calling and text, then absolutly. If not, then Vita with Skype is the only option I have, at least until Skype stops working on this current and final update for Vita. After that I have no option, because the market right now sucks for mobile, and that is why Nintendo needs to be a disrupter and make the NX the gamers phone.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I'm very excited for the NX although because of the obvious difference in software I might still keep using my Vita after NX is released

gamertag Brainteeth

psn Brainteeth

ios Brainteeth

Nintendo Network Brainteeth

Instagram Brainteeth

I don't understand why you ask specifically Vita owner.
But to answer to your question no I'm not excited.Nintendo first party never interested me and the 3rd party support you talking about I think it's simply ps4/xb1 port and then the support will die fast.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Not as a Vita owner. Because I barely touch the Vita anyway. I don't care if NX portable gets Pantsu Quest Ultra 20 or Lousy PC Port #2000 after the Vita dies.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
TH-Work said:

At least Nintendo is making games for their platform ;)

LOL
Nintendo has abandoned the Wii U since last year and Nintendo hasn't released one big game for it in this year... xD
And btw Playstation Vita has more ecclusives than Wii U. ;)

Zelda: Breath of the Wild is still coming. It's not exclusive, but still looks like one of the biggest Wii U games.

And there's a new Paper Mario coming.

Bandorr said:

What an odd connection. the PSV and the NX have no games in common.

As a PSV user, I still use my PSV quite a bit. It is basically the opposite of the Wii U. It has little first party support, but it has a ton of third party support.

As for the NX? Hardware doesn't get me interested - games do.

Well if the NX handheld is as or more powerful than the PsVita and easy to make/port games to it. We might start seeing those Japanese games on the NX + perhaps those big third parties to make a game on it. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Bandorr said:

As a PSV user, I still use my PSV quite a bit. It is basically the opposite of the Wii U. It has little first party support, but it has a ton of third party support.

Well if the NX handheld is as or more powerful than the PsVita and easy to make/port games to it. We might start seeing those Japanese games on the NX + perhaps those big third parties to make a game on it. 

It's not about power, because Visual Novels do not need a lot of power (example of popular Vita genre). Its about the audience, and the Vita audience is not the same at all as the Nintendo audience. The Japanese Vita games already started to become Vita+PS4 or even Vita+Steam, they will become PS4 or Steam when the Vita will die. But if the audience is not on the NX, even if the handheld is powerful, the games won't sell on it.

Jranation said:
Bandorr said:

This is something that I'm thinking about. Both 3DS and Vita are not going to last much longer, since Nintendo will release the NX next year and Sony is too busy with PS4 and the upcoming PS VR. I don't think they will release a new handheld anytime soon.

And I think NX will be more powerful than PS Vita, so probably the third parties will look forward to it. Especially if it have good sales.

Thread is bumming me hardcore. I was hoping for some more crossover fans :(