By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSVita owners, are you excited for NX?

Excited

Yes 87 39.55%

No 89 40.45%

Unsure 44 20.00%

Total:220

I had a Vita for a year or so. Gave it away to my nephew a few weeks ago because of how weak and unappealing its library was (for me).

However, if the NX does turn out to be a handheld, and if it does have a much, much better account system and online store (than Wii U and 3DS), i will almost certainly buy it.

Around the Network
TH-Work said:
Kerotan said:
As a Vita owner I have zero interest. Nintendo haven't appealed to me for a long time now and I don't expect it to change.

At least Nintendo is making games for their platform ;)

They only supported the Wii U for 2/3 years.  They're not much better.  The vita was bought for me as a present.  I'm not a handheld gamer.  So if the thread was are you excited for a Vita 2 or a psp 3 I'd say no aswell. 

Yes, but that is because I am more handheld person when it comes to those types of games.

Depends entirely on game line up.

I am hopeful the NX will have two quality analog sticks and maybe figure a way to have four shoulder buttons without being awkward.

Yes

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

My vita with OLED and new homebrewhack, noway!

I have been enjoying my Vita. But i don't jump on a system i am not even sure what it is or what will cost.

Also given what happened to the Wii U and how sparse the 3DS has been with games, i am not in any hurry to jump back to Nintendo systems. I will give it a few years and then we'll see.

I don't think people should be excited over the NX just because its a handheld, the DS and 3DS had excelent games but the hardware was deffenitely the worst part of them, especially, the cramps I have in my hands after long sessions.

PSVita is build on indies and third party support and a lot of people use the PS4 streaming- and monthly free games on them, I don't think a lot of PSVita owners will make the jump just because the NX is a handheld, to win PSVita owners over they need better online options, functionality then Nintendo has ever offered, more comfort in the way the handheld holds and... third party support.

So PSVita owners are in the same boat as everyone else, except for people who buy nintendo games JUST to play nintendo games, the waiting to see the console & games lineup boat.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

arcaneguyver said:
I do not understand getting excited over a gaming platform with next to no concrete information about it. When Nintendo shows their precious hand I may change my mind, but until then, no.

This for me as well.

Might as well make a thread asking Xbox One owners if they are excited about the Playstation 5 or Dreamcast 2

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

currently as rumored,.. absolutely no.

the system isn't portable. it defeats the point. i could have easily been swayed to a next gen nitnendo portable since sony clearly isn't making a successor to the psvita but a non-portable portable,.. such much fail.

as a home console,.. i don't want something that is launching with already dated technology and what will probably be uncomfortable controls.

this thing (as rumored) is a "master of none" console. it blends two ideas and makes it a poor solution for either market.