By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSVita owners, are you excited for NX?

Excited

Yes 87 39.55%

No 89 40.45%

Unsure 44 20.00%

Total:220

not really. Gotta be honest i have more interest in the mini NES than the nx

Around the Network

Kind of the opposite, actually. The Vita hardware is really nice. I'm still impressed by it, to be honest. However, it taught me that handheld gaming is my least favorite form. If I'm at home, I want the game on my PC or home console. If I'm away from home then ... I'm probably not going to want to play a game. Even if I know I'll have to be waiting, like at a doctor's office, I still find it awkward to carry a handheld with me. I'd rather take my Kindle.

If the rumors are true about the NX then it sounds like it will sacrifice home console performance in order to meet handheld demands. That's how hybrids usually end up. A jack of all trades and a master of none, so to speak.

Of course, great games can render that less meaningful. Only time will tell.

I am always excited about a new system, but if I purchase it or not comes down to price and library. What I've heard sounds interesting, but need to actually see the system.

Yeah. Vita was disappointing for popular console genres, Im not a fan of JRPGs either, but I still enjoyed a lot of Vita games. Between western games, indies, PSP, and PS1 content is has been worth owning.

I like handheld consoles and it seems like Nintendo is putting all its focus on one device now. On paper NX sounds great to me.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

If it can get the sort of games I loved my Vita for in its early days I can't wait! However I'm not sure they're going to get the software that the Vita initially appealed to me for.

Despite the huge user base difference, even in 2016 it is the Vita getting the higher profile western 3rd party franchises and more diverse range of genres. I suspect after Vita they just may not come out at all on a dedicated handheld and just exist in iOS/android.

I'm certainly keen to see the technical aspects of the hardware though.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

Why? Not the same audience, and we're not even sure the handheld part of the NX will be as powerful as the Vita. The Vita franchises are currently more likely to make the trip to PS4 or Steam rather than NX, so I'm not sure there is any special connection linking the Vita players to the NX...

No, but it took me 8 months after launch before I became interested in Vita, so I suspect it'll take just as long if not longer to get me interested in NX.

Kerotan said:
As a Vita owner I have zero interest. Nintendo haven't appealed to me for a long time now and I don't expect it to change.

Exactly this!
I am a Playstation Vita owner but I am not really interested in Nintendo software. Nintendo doesn't appeal to me (it's not the same quality for me like PSP/Vita).

TH-Work said:
Kerotan said:
As a Vita owner I have zero interest. Nintendo haven't appealed to me for a long time now and I don't expect it to change.

At least Nintendo is making games for their platform ;)

LOL
Nintendo has abandoned the Wii U since last year and Nintendo hasn't released one big game for it in this year... xD
And btw Playstation Vita has more ecclusives than Wii U. ;)

not really, no. but gl to Nintendo on their release