By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. August bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

9 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#07 XB1s-2tb (down 2)
#15 N3DSXL Black (same)
#27 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (down 4)
#39 N3DSXL Red (up 6)
#40 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 2)
#60 XB1 NYG Bundle (down 2)
#74 Vita (down 1)
#87 XB1 3 Game Bundle (up 11)  

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#02 PS4 No Man's Sky (same)
#06 3DS Pokemon S&M (same)
#13 3DS Pokemon Sun (down 1)
#14 3DS Pokemon Moon (down 1)

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Updating a little earlier because I've got things to do and I'm not sure how long they'll take:

3 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#07 XB1s-2tb (same)
#15 N3DSXL Black (same)
#27 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (same)
#34 N3DSXL Red (up 5)
#41 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 1)
#57 XB1 NYG Bundle (down 3)
#81 Vita (down 7)
#85 XB1 3 Game Bundle (up 2)  

#05 3DS Pokemon S&M (up 1)
#12 3DS Pokemon Sun (up 1)
#14 3DS Pokemon Moon (same)

The PS5 Exists. 

the xbox one remote is at #6 on the chart
people do indeed buy the xbox one s to use it as a great cheap UHD blu-ray player

6 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#06 XB1s-2tb (up 1)
#15 N3DSXL Black (same)
#27 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (same)
#30 N3DSXL Red (up 4)
#41 PS4 Fool's Edition (same)
#64 XB1 NYG Bundle (down 7)
#75 Vita (up 6)
#90 XB1 3 Game Bundle (down 5)  

#05 3DS Pokemon S&M (same)
#13 3DS Pokemon Sun down 1)
#14 3DS Pokemon Moon (same)

The PS5 Exists. 

it seems like the X1S is dominating whit a iron fist and is set to take august. Interesting, Will this continue, or Ps4 is going to retake the lead in the other months to come?

Around the Network
Manlytears said:
it seems like the X1S is dominating whit a iron fist and is set to take august. Interesting, Will this continue, or Ps4 is going to retake the lead in the other months to come?

It depends on the release and details on the PS Slim and Neo, if they announce them and release soon after, they will push past the Xbox one S, with all the positive reviews and some good games coming for Xbox, there is deffenitely a chance to continue this strong moment for another month, or maybe two.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Manlytears said:

If Sony doesnt release a new ps4 this year i could see the slim winning the rest of this years NPDs.

jason1637 said:
Manlytears said:

If Sony doesnt release a new ps4 this year i could see the slim winning the rest of this years NPDs.

I agree, especially if they announce it but don't release it this year.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Ok so, a bit consideration about 3DS

First:

Apparently, old sales or "leaks" we got were very off. All is started with the misunderstanding of May sales "<72k".

After that, we knew real sales were at least >72k, but now we know real sales for May are AT LEAST 90k, but under 100k, basically 90-99k.

With a 39% MOM increase, 3DS is 125-137k for June, which is also up YOY as Cosmic just confirmed, but by a maximum of 10%, that's why is under 137k, and why we now got sales for May.

Second: 3DS sales in UK continue to impress, over 222% YOY last week for 3DS and 234% 2DS.

I honestly really starting to think July could be a 3DS victory... but i still go with PS4.

Btw, i expect 3DS to beat PS4 in August, while XBO will of course sells much more thanks the slim.

I think that for those two months to come (August; September) 3DS VS PS4 will be far more interesting than PS4 VS XBO.

EDIT: Ok now we also know May numbers, 74-80k, and June 125-137k

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, new July prediction

[PS4] 170K
[3DS] 160K
[XB1] 140K
[WIU] 24K

And for fun, early August prediction :p

[XB1] 350K
[3DS] 170K
[PS4] 160K
[WIU] 20K

5 hours since last update:

HARDWARE