By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. August bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

3DS Black almost in TOP 10. :D

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:

Ok so, a bit consideration about 3DS

First:

Apparently, old sales or "leaks" we got were very off. All is started with the misunderstanding of May sales "<72k".

After that, we knew real sales were at least >72k, but now we know real sales for May are AT LEAST 90k, but under 100k, basically 90-99k.

With a 39% MOM increase, 3DS is 125-137k for June, which is also up YOY as Cosmic just confirmed, but by a maximum of 10%, that's why is under 137k, and why we now got sales for May.

Second: 3DS sales in UK continue to impress, over 222% YOY last week for 3DS and 234% 2DS.

I honestly really starting to think July could be a 3DS victory... but i still go with PS4.

Btw, i expect 3DS to beat PS4 in August, while XBO will of course sells much more thanks the slim.

I think that for those two months to come (August; September) 3DS VS PS4 will be far more interesting than PS4 VS XBO.

EDIT: Ok now we also know May numbers, 74-80k, and June 125-137k

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, new July prediction

[PS4] 170K
[3DS] 160K
[XB1] 140K
[WIU] 24K

And for fun, early August prediction :p

[XB1] 350K
[3DS] 170K
[PS4] 160K
[WIU] 20K

The 3DS numbers are not that insane though because according to Nintendo, 3DS shipments were down yoy for April-June in US. Meanwhile they happened to be up yoy in Japan amazingly.

Would they not stay on par with last years numbers?

Last July and August had 3DS at ~104k and ~77k.

I think July will be a month where Amazon won't represent the right order. PS4 will outsell the Xbox this month.

I LOVE GIGGS said:
I think July will be a month where Amazon won't represent the right order. PS4 will outsell the Xbox this month.

I don't think so. What exactly is going to put the PS4 ahead of the XB1? Also the XB1 Slim seems to be holding well.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

#7 XBO S ( down 1)
#12 N3DS Black ( up 3)

Prepare your ass XBO.

Around the Network

12 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#07 XB1s-2tb (same)
#12 N3DSXL Black (up 4)
#21 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (up 3)
#28 N3DSXL Red (up 10)
#42 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 2)
#60 XB1 NYG Bundle (up 3)
#81 XB1 3 Game Bundle (up 12)  

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#02 PS4 No Man's Sky (same)
#05 3DS Pokemon S&M (up 1)
#11 3DS Pokemon Sun (up 3)
#17 3DS Pokemon Moon (down 3)

The PS5 Exists. 

Farsala said:

The 3DS numbers are not that insane though because according to Nintendo, 3DS shipments were down yoy for April-June in US. Meanwhile they happened to be up yoy in Japan amazingly.

Would they not stay on par with last years numbers?

Last July and August had 3DS at ~104k and ~77k.

Who said 3DS sales are insane? Also why are you talking about shipments April to June? 3DS sold 283,000 unit Apr-Jun 2016 VS 338,000 in 2015, we already knew sales that quarter are down.

This has nothing to do with the nexts months, 3DS was up YOY in June, and will easy beat by a huge margin July and August 2015 numbers.

jason1637 said:
Manlytears said:
it seems like the X1S is dominating whit a iron fist and is set to take august. Interesting, Will this continue, or Ps4 is going to retake the lead in the other months to come?

If Sony doesnt release a new ps4 this year i could see the slim winning the rest of this years NPDs.

Or they could just drop the price of the PS4 to $299 and bundle it with a game. I don't see a $400 XB1s outselling a $300 PS4. Cause at the end of the day, this is still an XB1 just smaller. I doubt the reason the PS4 has been selling better was because it was smaller. 

MS should definitely have this month in the bag though, and maybe even next month. But if Sony loses two or three months in a row, be rest assured they will come hard for November and December. 

This is all good for MS though, but they really need to find a way to sustain sales for a lot more than 1 or 2 months at the end of every year then lose everything else. And let's not even start talking about outside NA. 

No hard sales numbers have come in and the dreams of x1 dominance have all ready set in. I remember x1 was supposed to take the holiday season last year too.

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#08 XB1s-2tb (down 1)
#11 N3DSXL Black (up 1)
#21 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (same)
#28 N3DSXL Red (same)
#43 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 1)
#60 XB1 NYG Bundle (same)
#88 XB1 3 Game Bundle (down 7) 
#96 Vita (re-entry)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#02 PS4 No Man's Sky (same)