By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. August bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

barneystinson69 said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
I think July will be a month where Amazon won't represent the right order. PS4 will outsell the Xbox this month.

I don't think so. What exactly is going to put the PS4 ahead of the XB1? Also the XB1 Slim seems to be holding well.

PS4 is normally ahead of XB1. Add to that, that I think the negative effect of people waiting to pick up the slim is bigger than the positive effect of the deals the Xbox got last month.

PS4 normally sells more than XB1 and XB1 will sell leas than normal. It will be close to 2 to 1.

Around the Network
I LOVE GIGGS said:
I think July will be a month where Amazon won't represent the right order. PS4 will outsell the Xbox this month.

I agree seeing as Amazon had it's own deals going on for a good part of the month.

Intrinsic said:

jason1637 said:

If Sony doesnt release a new ps4 this year i could see the slim winning the rest of this years NPDs.

Or they could just drop the price of the PS4 to $299 and bundle it with a game. I don't see a $400 XB1s outselling a $300 PS4. Cause at the end of the day, this is still an XB1 just smaller. I doubt the reason the PS4 has been selling better was because it was smaller. 

MS should definitely have this month in the bag though, and maybe even next month. But if Sony loses two or three months in a row, be rest assured they will come hard for November and December. 

This is all good for MS though, but they really need to find a way to sustain sales for a lot more than 1 or 2 months at the end of every year then lose everything else. And let's not even start talking about outside NA. 

There is still the $300 XB1S. Its not only smaller but it has a 4K player and HDR.

Edit- If the PS4 were to have a price drop i could see it maybe winning November and December but Aug-Oct seem like the XBO will win the NPDSs.

Anyone think Sony will announce the PS4 slim or Neo at TGS?

Shadow1980 said:
FIT_Gamer said:
Anyone think Sony will announce the PS4 slim or Neo at TGS?

Slim? Most likely. Neo? Possibly.

When is the conference? 

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

There is still the $300 XB1S. Its not only smaller but it has a 4K player and HDR.

Edit- If the PS4 were to have a price drop i could see it maybe winning November and December but Aug-Oct seem like the XBO will win the NPDSs.

I can assure you that 4k bluray players or HDR are not the pivotal reasons anyone will be buying a game console. Mostly because the other part of that equation is having a TV that can do both for those things to mean anything to you. 

But yh, I also think XB1 should have Aug-oct in the bag. 

XB1 Slim is still holding well. Its settling between 5-7th place.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#07 XB1s-2tb (up 1)
#11 N3DSXL Black (same)
#20 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (up 1)
#27 N3DSXL Red (up 1)
#41 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 2)
#59 XB1 NYG Bundle (up 1)
#86 XB1 3 Game Bundle (up 2) 
#96 XB1s-500gb (re-entry)
#100 Vita (down 4)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)