By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Nintendo 64 emulator now available on Xbox One

With the Windows 10 store going universal, it was just a matter of time until we would see Windows 10 games and apps appear on Xbox One. Well, the developer of the N64 emulator on Windows has announced that his app would work on Xbox One, and is currently only available on Preview members' consoles. 

http://www.icxm.net/x/xbox-one-nintendo-64-emulator-available-now.html

Around the Network

Well...

I'm sure all those N64 games will be obtained by completely legal means! :-p

Is MS going to allow that?

Imagine what would happend if  the NX got a Xbox360 emulator "app".... MS would cry bloody murder.

JRPGfan said:

Imagine what would happend if  the NX got a Xbox360 emulator "app".... MS would cry bloody murder.

Well if MS allowed that on PC and Nintendo didn't care, I don't see why MS should remove it from the Xbox store.
The problem is that the emulator isn't free, which shouldn't make it too hard for Nintendo to take it down.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
JRPGfan said:

Well if MS allowed that on PC and Nintendo didn't care, I don't see why MS should remove it from the Xbox store.
The problem is that the emulator isn't free, which shouldn't make it too hard for Nintendo to take it down.

The thing is MS dont/cant control whats outsides of their own hands.

However the Xbox Store.... thats there baby, they decide what goes on it right?

If they allow this to go on it, I could see Nintendo Sueing MS.

There is already a GBA emulator on the bone but will come out with the w10 update.

BasilZero said:

What the hell is a "Preview Member" o.O?

Also Xbox One has better N64 support than the WiiU confirmed xD

Preview Members are Xbox One owners who opted in to "previewing" all console updates and features that will come to the general public at a later date.

How do users get access to these emulators on consoles?

Slimebeast said:
How do users get access to these emulators on consoles?

The Windows Store. It's like Google Play but not as leniant but still, you can buy apps or simply download emulators.

OP: I can't imagine that Nintendo would not ignore this but they have no choice but to ignore it. They can't prove that those who are downloading the emulator don't have an actual cart. Guess there's no need for a N64 mini!