By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Nintendo 64 emulator now available on Xbox One

I just want to play some 4 player Super Smash Brothers. Don't mess with my Link. If this is true and you're a console gamer i don't see how MS isn't appealing to you at the moment. I know some are waiting for that beast Scorpio or that good looking slim though.

Around the Network

I really hope Microsoft steps in and shuts it down or Nintendo moves against it. Obviously the emulator itself is legal but the trafficking of ROMs is clearly not.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I really hope Microsoft steps in and shuts it down or Nintendo moves against it. Obviously the emulator itself is legal but the trafficking of ROMs is clearly not.

That isn't really a solid case...If it was all emulators would've been taken down by now.The only way to take down an emulator is if the developer of the program provides either a.games or b. a way to illegally acquire the games.Providing the emulator by itself is completely fine because there is no real way of knowing whether the person downloading the emulator actually owns said games.

Kirin_gaming said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

That isn't really a solid case...If it was all emulators would've been taken down by now.The only way to take down an emulator is if the developer of the program provides either a.games or b. a way to illegally acquire the games.Providing the emulator by itself is completely fine because there is no real way of knowing whether the person downloading the emulator actually owns said games.

Yeah it's too bad. Let's be real: most folks are using emulators to play illegally downloaded copies of games. I guess it's just next to impossible to track. Still, Microsoft has control over its OS and storefront. Surely it could bar the emulator as a gesture of good will toward Nintendo and the industry at large.

So.... how would you get ROMs onto the console? lol, crazy.

Around the Network

Nintendo should take it down and sue Microsoft

Isn't that just a dandy knife they got right there. Makes me wonder how long it will take for Nintendo to realize.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I really hope it works and stays in the store and I'm able to get my emulation on.

Now Xbox will be able to play the uncensored version of Conker's Bad Fur Day.

LudicrousSpeed said:
So.... how would you get ROMs onto the console? lol, crazy.

If it is anything like Windows Phone... You upload the Roms from a PC to the cloud, then you can access it from there.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--