By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PoGo Nation: The Official Pokemon GO Thread! Raidz are a thing, Legendaries are coming soon! Raven caught his 10,000th Pidgey!

And so 8 days later they finally send me the initial ban explanation email. Only thing I can think of that I did that violates their terms would be using pokeadvisor.com for the quick IV data when that site was still up. Oh well.

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
And so 8 days later they finally send me the initial ban explanation email. Only thing I can think of that I did that violates their terms would be using pokeadvisor.com for the quick IV data when that site was still up. Oh well.

That should have not resulted a ban, what did they say, and can you appeal? 

Acevil said:
Neodegenerate said:

I sent the appeal in 9 days ago and am waiting to hear back. 

This was the body of the very generic email:

Trainer,

Your account has been terminated.  Use of any other third-party software or app, including but not limited to scripts/apps, applications used to falsify your location, emulators, modified or unofficial software, and/or accessing Pokémon GO clients or backends in an unauthorized manner is considered cheating.

If you believe your account has been terminated in error, you may fill out this form.  Please consider your account permanently terminated unless we reply back to your appeal.

- NianticOps

http://www.nianticlabs.com/img/niantic_sm.png" width="40" height="75"> http://multimedia.newsletter.nianticlabs.com/niantic/1/1/photos/3370.png" width="150" height="20">

© 2016 Niantic, Inc. 
© 2016 Pokémon. 
© 1995-2016 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.

Neodegenerate said:
Acevil said:

I sent the appeal in 9 days ago and am waiting to hear back. 

This was the body of the very generic email:

Trainer,

Your account has been terminated.  Use of any other third-party software or app, including but not limited to scripts/apps, applications used to falsify your location, emulators, modified or unofficial software, and/or accessing Pokémon GO clients or backends in an unauthorized manner is considered cheating.

If you believe your account has been terminated in error, you may fill out this form.  Please consider your account permanently terminated unless we reply back to your appeal.

- NianticOps

http://www.nianticlabs.com/img/niantic_sm.png" width="40" height="75"> http://multimedia.newsletter.nianticlabs.com/niantic/1/1/photos/3370.png" width="150" height="20">

© 2016 Niantic, Inc. 
© 2016 Pokémon. 
© 1995-2016 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.

Hope all goes well, honestly you sound innocent enough. The teleporting thing people do a lot and only get soft ban. 

Acevil said:

Hope all goes well, honestly you sound innocent enough. The teleporting thing people do a lot and only get soft ban. 

Thanks I am hoping it works out.  If not though no big deal.  I only spent 20 bucks on the game to get additional item and pokemon slots; and the fact that I got a solid month and a half out of it means that won't be a huge loss to me.  I just wish the damn company wasn't so hostile towards its players.

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
Acevil said:

Thanks I am hoping it works out.  If not though no big deal.  I only spent 20 bucks on the game to get additional item and pokemon slots; and the fact that I got a solid month and a half out of it means that won't be a huge loss to me.  I just wish the damn company wasn't so hostile towards its players.

Nah they sort of have to be, namely some of the hack bots I seen. It abuses the assets and uses a lot of resources, it also ruins the games for others, when someone can basically get an army of any specific pokemon. Your issue doesn't sound like that. 

Caught a Mr. Mime yesterday, European exclusive... are they common now?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:

I see a lot of North America exclusive Taurus, I assume it has become common enough to get. 

Acevil said:
TomaTito said:

I see a lot of North America exclusive Taurus, I assume it has become common enough to get. 

Yeah, a work collegue just told me he saw a couple of them few days ago.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Just coming up on level 26 now, 2000 pokemon captured.... only 84 or so in my Pokedex I mean, I've captured 400 Pidget/Rattata and Weedles now... and so few of everything else, at this stage it's just a barely functional walking game for me, just something to start up for walking eggs and that barely works at the best of times, character getting "lodged" in places, app needing restart all the time.

Now we also have the fact that Niantic have upped the time which the API contacts the server to somewhere around 15-25 seconds I'm a fast enough walker, in the time it takes it to update Pokemon on the map now I've often found myself walking past a Pokemon only to have a mate point out they seen one behind us, having to walk back to get it, on top of that at level 26 the amount of time you have to deal with escaping and refusing to stay in Pokeballs goes up so much that you can't just walk along catching Pokemon but instead stop and go into menus using items to try to catch them so you can continue the walk... it just turns into a chore rather than a game... a barely functional chore which is so barren of features, the only part of the game which seems to be fully functional is the store.

Think at 2,000 Pokemon caught I'm going to be stopping playing this app until a proper patch comes in to make it less.... awful.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive