By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PoGo Nation: The Official Pokemon GO Thread! Raidz are a thing, Legendaries are coming soon! Raven caught his 10,000th Pidgey!

TomaTito said:

Caught a Mr. Mime yesterday, European exclusive... are they common now?

Congratz on getting him, I do like his animation when you tap on him the barrier hands. I've found 3 of them in the last 2 weeks.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Looking forward to the buddy system. I hatched a Lapras when I was like level 10 or so. Even though it was my best pokemon for a bit it became obsolete when I leveled up to 20+ and there's no way to get candy for it where I live. Buddy system should solve that!

Finally got an aerodactyl last night! 1.2k as well! Sucks for my friend who got 300cp and ran away XD

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Talal said:
Looking forward to the buddy system. I hatched a Lapras when I was like level 10 or so. Even though it was my best pokemon for a bit it became obsolete when I leveled up to 20+ and there's no way to get candy for it where I live. Buddy system should solve that!

Also this will mean that your "starter Pokemon" isn't just a throw away pointless thing considering you would actually be able to feed it up a bit rather than just keep it for the Pokedex entry.

How long has it been since there was an update to PoGo now? Considering the last Update brought in Pokemon die coming back from a Gym instead of remaining at 1hp, and a very vague IV appraiser there needs to be a more functional (Tracking) update I think before I'm going to push for my group of mates to go out for a night Poke hunting.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
TomaTito said:

Caught a Mr. Mime yesterday, European exclusive... are they common now?

Congratz on getting him, I do like his animation when you tap on him the barrier hands. I've found 3 of them in the last 2 weeks.

LOL @ animation

Yesterday I slipped in three gyms and conquered one with a mate. That was a productive day, 40 coins in my pocket!!!
In one of the gyms, the kids around it flipped out when I put my recently captured Blastoise in it. It was funny to see

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
TomaTito said:
Ganoncrotch said:

LOL @ animation

Yesterday I slipped in three gyms and conquered one with a mate. That was a productive day, 40 coins in my pocket!!!
In one of the gyms, the kids around it flipped out when I put my recent captured Blastoise in it. It was funny to see

Sounds productive indeed, my last trip out with the game was less successful, had a game crash during the 4th gym fight I was doing, so I just had the "error" bug when trying to go back into that Gym, so then tried to cash out and the game just locked up my phone completely, couldn't even power it off with holding the power button, after about 10 mins the phone restarted itself and when I got back into Pokemon Go finally I had lost another Gym and was still getting "error" where at the 4th place I was at... cashed in for 20 coins... it's getting harder and harder to find a reason to go and play the game, not it is a case of I'll go for walks I think... and just have the app running for eggs but breaking my heart/phone for 10c at gyms with non functional GPS/Gym Errors is just annoying me, zero fun. Games shouldn't annoy you as much as PoGo does for me when it starts to act up.

Ganoncrotch said:
TomaTito said:

LOL @ animation

In one of the gyms, the kids around it flipped out when I put my recently captured Blastoise in it. It was funny to see

Sounds productive indeed, my last trip out with the game was less successful, had a game crash during the 4th gym fight I was doing, so I just had the "error" bug when trying to go back into that Gym, so then tried to cash out and the game just locked up my phone completely, couldn't even power it off with holding the power button, after about 10 mins the phone restarted itself and when I got back into Pokemon Go finally I had lost another Gym and was still getting "error" where at the 4th place I was at... cashed in for 20 coins... it's getting harder and harder to find a reason to go and play the game, not it is a case of I'll go for walks I think... and just have the app running for eggs but breaking my heart/phone for 10c at gyms with non functional GPS/Gym Errors is just annoying me, zero fun. Games shouldn't annoy you as much as PoGo does for me when it starts to act up.

wow, you are really getting frustrated. The app really sucks. Sucks that you have to have it active all the time, it drains the battery mainly due to the screen. If I use the power saver mode the game locks up and touchscreen stops working... There are little bugs like this that deter you from playing.

The touchscreen stops working, constant server loading ingame, not connecting to the server on startup, "try again later" on pokestops when it messed up sending/receiving data, "error" on gyms when it messed up sending/receiving data, etc.

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
Ganoncrotch said:

wow, you are really getting frustrated. The app really sucks. Sucks that you have to have it active all the time, it drains the battery mainly due to the screen. If I use the power saver mode the game locks up and touchscreen stops working... There are little bugs like this that deter you from playing.

The touchscreen stops working, constant server loading ingame, not connecting to the server on startup, "try again later" on pokestops when it messed up sending/receiving data, "error" on gyms when it messed up sending/receiving data, etc.

Yeah, like I said on paper it would be a good game, but the way it functions or doesn't just turns it into a walking IT support job for me, If I go walking with mates I will have to show them how to disable/reeneable their data/location, hard reset the app, clear their cache data, reinstall the game all during a single walk, it's more work than it is fun and like I said when it comes to losing out the ability to correctly fight in Gyms that is actually costing in game currency from Niantic so it totally lowers my desire to spend another cent in the in game store.

I put €5 into it after launch to get extra bagspace and once I hit 20 I figured that I was going to start matching Gym coins earned with a few 10c of my own each day but for the past week the app has been far far worse with memory issues, crashing, gps errors and I am more considering uninstalling it than using the ingame store again, definitely not spending any more real cash on it until there is some major fixes.

edit - Ironically got a "connection to server is reset" error while trying to post this the first time... server issues really put me off using sites and software... just sayin!

Ganoncrotch said:
TomaTito said:

Yeah, like I said on paper it would be a good game, but the way it functions or doesn't just turns it into a walking IT support job for me, If I go walking with mates I will have to show them how to disable/reeneable their data/location, hard reset the app, clear their cache data, reinstall the game all during a single walk, it's more work than it is fun and like I said when it comes to losing out the ability to correctly fight in Gyms that is actually costing in game currency from Niantic so it totally lowers my desire to spend another cent in the in game store.

I put €5 into it after launch to get extra bagspace and once I hit 20 I figured that I was going to start matching Gym coins earned with a few 10c of my own each day but for the past week the app has been far far worse with memory issues, crashing, gps errors and I am more considering uninstalling it than using the ingame store again, definitely not spending any more real cash on it until there is some major fixes.

edit - Ironically got a "connection to server is reset" error while trying to post this the first time... server issues really put me off using sites and software... just sayin!

lol @bolded, the game just becomes unresponsive for stupid reasons... I mainly force the app to close to restart it...

Maybe you just need a breather and take a week off to comeback whenever they update the buddy system in. I haven't put any money into the game, only my time while I am walking around, so it's awesome that lately I got enough to buy an egg... might even save up to expand some space.

And with the Plus device launching next week, the app might finally work in the background without being active! (one can hope)

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
Ganoncrotch said:

lol @bolded, the game just becomes unresponsive for stupid reasons... I mainly force the app to close to restart it...

Maybe you just need a breather and take a week off to comeback whenever they update the buddy system in. I haven't put any money into the game, only my time while I am walking around, so it's awesome that lately I got enough to buy an egg... might even save up to expand some space.

And with the Plus device launching next week, the app might finally work in the background without being active! (one can hope)

The app rarely works fine when it's in the foreground lol, could you trust it if you minimized it that you wouldn't be just stopped on a street corner in place or caught up with a gps not found error. I would love to see 2 things for Pokemon go,

1 - a refresh button so you could tell the app to recheck where you are standing and resend the request to the gps portion of your phone without having to restart the phone app or phone entirely.

2 - a low spec mode, as much as the X/Y 3d models of Pokemon look nice in Gym battles, imagine how much better the game would run if you could have an option of 2d sprites instead just in the same game engine exactly, I have a fairly old Xperia phone which can play the game just fine, but still have it crash at times during Gym fights (not sure if it's app memory leak or network related) but still I feel a Low spec option would really make the game a bit less of a chore and also would lower the battery consumption of the app by a massive factor.

And yeah a break isn't a bad idea tbh I've been on a health kick recently so having the app there to give me a reason to go out walking is cool, but now it's more a case of I want to go out for walks, but also have the app with me as a secondary thing if it decides to function fine (which it has done for the last 2 days very oddly)

Any news on when the buddy system drops? also... based on the activity of this thread on here, it's a fairly telling sign of how many hardcore gamers the app has retained the interest of.