By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX is the final name...?

There isn't an icon next to the logo, so definitely not final name.

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:
Nautilus said:

Actually X dosent stand for mystery, but actually for unlimited potential(in the sense you put).It is so because of its use in mathematics as the unknown factor in many equations, giving it the "potential" to be any number, from zero to infinite.

And I hope thats the meaning behind NX, would be beyond cool.

Actually no, it doesn't stand for mystery or unknown or undefined.  X- is the common math notation for a variable, an unknown value. The term X-factor when it comes to talent refers to a special, unknown, hard to define quality that can help someone succeed. It's rooted in the math origin, and it is definitely more about "mystery"  than unlimited potential. 

Which is basically what I said.It is an unknown factor used in mathematics for a value which you dont know.A value that can be literally any value until you discover how much it is.It is as much "mystery" as it is an unlimited potential.Because, if you could as low as 0 or as high as infinite, thats a potential.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

Actually no, it doesn't stand for mystery or unknown or undefined.  X- is the common math notation for a variable, an unknown value. The term X-factor when it comes to talent refers to a special, unknown, hard to define quality that can help someone succeed. It's rooted in the math origin, and it is definitely more about "mystery"  than unlimited potential. 

Which is basically what I said.It is an unknown factor used in mathematics for a value which you dont know.A value that can be literally any value until you discover how much it is.It is as much "mystery" as it is an unlimited potential.Because, if you could as low as 0 or as high as infinite, thats a potential.

The common term X-factor has nothing to do with unlimited potential. 

Sounds like a bad name to me so I hope it's not.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

onionberry said:

Better than Wii or Wii U!

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:
Nautilus said:

The common term X-factor has nothing to do with unlimited potential. 

And it has also nothing to do with mystery, if you were to put that logic.In the end, the x is just used for an unknown number/factor.Its not misterious, its just unknown.Its more of a unofficial meaning that we gave to x, of which he is a "mystery" or has "unlimited potential".I just like my interpretation better.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nintendo Xtreme maybe? NX sounds cool to me.

I like NX.
Nintendo also used DS as the final system name, and that was a codename.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I wouldn't mind NX as the final name, but they are definitely going to use somethng else. It's great to see Ninty finally move away from the Wii branding!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Games were being advertised for the "Ultra 64" before it was officially named the Nintendo 64. *shrug*