By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX is the final name...?

Whats wrong with the NX name? its honestly a okay name.

Like some people theorised it could be "nintendo + 10" = nx.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:

I'd like to know why only 3 games are announced for the thing. Previously I was convinced it was because Ninty was being secretive, but with some companies announcing some games, I'm now losing out hope that it'd have decent support :S

Ey now, it's actually 4 games ;)

Zelda

Lets Dance

Rise:Race the Future

Project Sonic

Luke888 said:
MohammadBadir said:

I'd like to know why only 3 games are announced for the thing. Previously I was convinced it was because Ninty was being secretive, but with some companies announcing some games, I'm now losing out hope that it'd have decent support :S

I think it's because all the games that were announced for it don't show what the console is capable of: DQ XI has a 3DS version and, while unlikely, the NX port might be from 3DS, not from PS4, Just Dance can run on Wii, so it doesn't really prove nothing about the specs, and finally Sonic has only a CGI trailer, also I'm positive that this games beeing made from three of the biggest third parties out there is also why they were given the opportunity to make such an announcement

On the other hand, it could mean that the NX is so weak that it can't handle any games that are more demanding D:

I really hope they stick with NX. It has style and is widely known.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

I highly doubt it. Hasn't there been different NX logo's from different developers? The font for this is too much like the Wii brand and Nintendo seems to want to stray away from that. So I highly doubt it.

Also Rise: Race to the Future also has a different font for the logo. So I think it's all place holders stuff.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
I'm still rooting for Nintendo Revolution!

Maybe if Nintendo goes Communist. But otherwise, Revolution is too weird of a name for a gaming console. I'm sure Brexiters will like it though.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I highly doubt NX will be the final name. It just means nothing.

Better mention NX than "Nintendo's future console...handheld?!"

I doubt it, it's only a placeholder. But I would be happy with the name NX, it sounds badass to me. ^^

RolStoppable said:
Ka-pi96 said:

How do you get Nintendo 10 though? Did they go to the Microsoft school of counting?

Probably something like this:

1. NES
2. GB
3. SNES
4. N64
5. GBA
6. GC
7. DS
8. Wii
9. 3DS
10. Wii U

Nintendo + 10 = 11. Therefore the eleventh system shall be called NX. Yes, that doesn't make sense, but that's what people fantasize about.

An alternate theory is that the X doesn't stand for a romerical number, but the word Cross as a result of combining the software libraries of Nintendo's home console and handheld branches.

My personal favorite is that N obviously stands for Nintendo and X is nothing more than mystery, because the letter X oozes mystery and has been used in such a fashion plenty of times before. For example, the TV show X-Factor.

Actually X dosent stand for mystery, but actually for unlimited potential(in the sense you put).It is so because of its use in mathematics as the unknown factor in many equations, giving it the "potential" to be any number, from zero to infinite.

And I hope thats the meaning behind NX, would be beyond cool.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
RolStoppable said:

Probably something like this:

1. NES
2. GB
3. SNES
4. N64
5. GBA
6. GC
7. DS
8. Wii
9. 3DS
10. Wii U

Nintendo + 10 = 11. Therefore the eleventh system shall be called NX. Yes, that doesn't make sense, but that's what people fantasize about.

An alternate theory is that the X doesn't stand for a romerical number, but the word Cross as a result of combining the software libraries of Nintendo's home console and handheld branches.

My personal favorite is that N obviously stands for Nintendo and X is nothing more than mystery, because the letter X oozes mystery and has been used in such a fashion plenty of times before. For example, the TV show X-Factor.

Actually X dosent stand for mystery, but actually for unlimited potential(in the sense you put).It is so because of its use in mathematics as the unknown factor in many equations, giving it the "potential" to be any number, from zero to infinite.

And I hope thats the meaning behind NX, would be beyond cool.

Actually no, it doesn't stand for mystery or unknown or undefined.  X- is the common math notation for a variable, an unknown value. The term X-factor when it comes to talent refers to a special, unknown, hard to define quality that can help someone succeed. It's rooted in the math origin, and it is definitely more about "mystery"  than unlimited potential.