By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX is the final name...?

Around the Network

Highly Doubt it. Nintendo has thrown around the name NX tons of times so they probably don't want anyone mistaking the NX as something else for legal reasons.

Nooooo. Its just a project name that Nintendo is letting developers as a way to annouce their upcoming games. Nintendo does want to appear to be left out when aren't. They gotta give 3rd party some way to annouce games for Nintendo's next console.

Doubt it, it's probably just that because Nintendo still has't revealed the NX

Nope. Well... Never say never. Same thing happened with Nintendo DS.. it was codename DS then they decided that was the name. So you never know.   

Around the Network

The NX name has become quite popular. Maybe they stick. But that font is too plain to be final.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

I'm still rooting for Nintendo Revolution!

It's most likely a placeholder until Nintendo announces the official name of the NX (assuming that the final name won't be "NX").

Nintendo Inifite could work as the final name for NX, with NX still being in the logo: https://youtu.be/yXn8VuC7QIU
Though I do like Nintendo Revolution, too. It was the perfect name back in the day, as the codename for Wii.

NX has a nice ring to it. Nintendo revolution would also be great.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.