By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX is the final name...?

Jumpin said:
I like NX.
Nintendo also used DS as the final system name, and that was a codename.

I believe they did change the codename from DS to Nitro at one point. And then the gamename was set to DS after that hehe

Around the Network

I wouldn't mind NX as the final name.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

MohammadBadir said:

I'd like to know why only 3 games are announced for the thing. Previously I was convinced it was because Ninty was being secretive, but with some companies announcing some games, I'm now losing out hope that it'd have decent support :S

Considering one of the first announced was Just Dance, and this thing is releasing in just 7-8 months, I wouldn't hold my breath for great 3rd party support.  Not when it's said to be on par with the OG XBO and PS5 and XB2 (if MS releases one) will arrive 1 1/2 to 2 years after its launch.

@ OP

Personally, I think they should name it NEX, a play on NES.  Either say it like N E X, or Nex, a play on next.  Works either way.

thismeintiel said:

Considering one of the first announced was Just Dance, and this thing is releasing in just 7-8 months, I wouldn't hold my breath for great 3rd party support.  Not when it's said to be on par with the OG XBO and PS5 and XB2 (if MS releases one) will arrive 1 1/2 to 2 years after its launch.

There have been rumours saying it has WiiU-level of power to beyond the current rumoured NEO specs. I wouldn't focus on any single rumour atm.

niceguygameplayer said:
Nintendo Xtreme maybe? NX sounds cool to me.

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
Games were being advertised for the "Ultra 64" before it was officially named the Nintendo 64. *shrug*

Ultra 64 was going to be the final name though, but it turned out someone else had that trademark.

DevilRising said:
Games were being advertised for the "Ultra 64" before it was officially named the Nintendo 64. *shrug*

How about "Nx86" lmao

thismeintiel said:
MohammadBadir said:

I'd like to know why only 3 games are announced for the thing. Previously I was convinced it was because Ninty was being secretive, but with some companies announcing some games, I'm now losing out hope that it'd have decent support :S

@ OP

Personally, I think they should name it NEX, a play on NES.  Either say it like N E X, or Nex, a play on next.  Works either way.

Safe to say that MS wont release a XB2 in 2018 or 2019. And I wouldnt really hold my breath for a PS5 in the same span tbh, I think generations as we know them are a thing of the past.

MohammadBadir said:
thismeintiel said:

There have been rumours saying it has WiiU-level of power to beyond the current rumoured NEO specs. I wouldn't focus on any single rumour atm.

I dont think I have ever read a rumour about Wii U power?

Hopefully they keep the name, because NX would be the best sounding console name they've had in quite some time.

Nintendo said a few times that NX is not the final name. So stop trying to make it happen. 

It's a codename, yes a good one, but not the final name.

Now you have to think why Nintendo still hasn't given us the real name . And there is only one explanation : the official name gives a big clue on the gimmick , like the Nintendo DS for Dual Screen, or 3DS for 3D dual screen.

We'll finally know everything in the next two months.