By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What does your mod history look like?

Wright said:

Azuren said:

Let it also be known that the ban on 1/23/16 was SUPPOSED to be expunged from my records, due to the fact that the mod crew admitted that the ban was unfair and aimed solely at my distaste for several PC exclusive franchises. Maybe I'll keep bringing this up until they remove it...

Moderations are permanent. There's no way to remove them out of your profile, even if all mods were to agree that you didn't deserve it and actively tried to remove it.

Then let it be known that the mods have wrongfully scarred me. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

No moderations on file? There must be some mistake.

But I did manage to get myself permabanned from One Million Moms' Facebook page. Does that count?

Miguel_Zorro said:
ktay95 said:

Oh come on now, I bash Nintendo all the time on this account. Why would I make an alt for such a thing

Also it was used for ban dodging, which makes me want to find it more to see what I wanted to post.

Also the ban was actually a pro Nintendo post... I guess. Was taking the piss out of a list of must own PS4 exclusives with a list of WiiU titles. You actually backed me up on it too

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/113661/stanleysmalls/

Apparently you really, really wanted to post about the World Cup.

To be fair, it's the fucking world cup. Can't believe I wasnt allowed to post about the World Cup after being wrongfully banned in the first place.

How do you guys post your mod history? I'm pretty clean. 4 bans I think, another 4 warnings. Not even close to lots of the sickies around here. Half expecting a ban tonight or tomorrow though. All this ban talk has me ready to go! :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Looking at all these mod histories, I have to say that the mods here are pretty strict.
Gametrailers.com was more on the lighthearted side which led to some funny and heated discussion. The limit was plain insults.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

It ain't too bad.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

A lot of recent bans because I like to shut-down right-wingers.

I modded the shit out of New Vegas, then redid it all again with Mod Organizer. Same thing with Skyrim. Now looking at some new cards, will probably have to start from zero again.

RolStoppable said:
Peh said:
Looking at all these mod histories, I have to say that the mods here are pretty strict.
Gametrailers.com was more on the lighthearted side which led to some funny and heated discussion. The limit was plain insults.

Personally, I consider them random rather than strict. In a way, posting is like gambling.

Mod History for RolStoppable

DateModeratorTypeReasonOutcomePostId
10/20/15 14:13 axumblade Ban Trolling (Actually, fuck it. Tired of trying to take the high road with you. ) Banned 5 days 7575809
09/03/15 01:18 StarOcean Ban Flaming (You're being banned for flaming at a user. You cannot call someone else a tool and expect to get away with it. We'll see you in 3 days. Btw a few mods told me to tell you try behave yourself. Let's try to get through the NFL season without another ban, alright? :P XD) Banned 3 days 7501958
06/19/15 20:21 Veknoid_Outcast Ban Flaming (After review, your ban has been commuted to a three day duration. It's E3 and passions are high, but characterizing Nintendo fans as "predictable sheep" is a recipe for trouble, even if meant in jest. Please note that future infractions will be met with harsher penalties. Original ban note: Flaming (Generalizing and categorizing a specific fanbase as ''sheep'' is flaming and against forum policy,which you've been warned about many times in the past. Please refrain in the future from continuing this behavior)) Banned 1 days
06/19/15 17:19 Veknoid_Outcast Ban Flaming (After review, your ban has been commuted to a three day duration. It's E3 and passions are high, but characterizing Nintendo fans as "predictable sheep" is a recipe for trouble, even if meant in jest. Original ban note: Flaming (Generalizing and categorizing a specific fanbase as ''sheep'' is flaming and against forum policy,which you've been warned about many times in the past. Please refrain in the future from continuing this behavior)) Banned 1 days
06/17/15 04:04 PwerlvlAmy Ban Flaming (Generalizing and categorizing a specific fanbase as ''sheep'' is flaming and against forum policy,which you've been warned about many times in the past. Please refrain in the future from continuing this behavior) Banned 7 days 7364998
06/03/15 18:41 Leadified Warning Other (*Ignore this warning* Ban length for the previous moderation has been reduced to 1 day.)  
06/02/15 04:01 Leadified Ban Trolling (Even as a joke this is pushing it, jokes have to remain reasonably within the forum rules. Calling a bunch of games "random trash" without any basis is no different than just trolling.) Banned 3 days 7318433
05/17/15 11:42 Shinobi-san Ban Flaming (You've made two posts in this thread directly violating rule 13 - Insults & Flaming. Specifically "You should avoid: Insulting other users, including calling them fanboys, trolls or any other name-calling.". In this post you say that curl-6 is trolling "Now its clear that you are trolling". In a previous post you called him stupid " There are times when you are just stupid." Curl was simply giving his opinion in both cases. These attacks were unwarranted and directly against forum rules. (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7288080#content). ) Banned 3 days 7288098
04/24/15 18:47 Veknoid_Outcast Ban Trolling (Along with several other posts, including: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7242362; http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7242242; http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7242227. You're responsible for a lot of baiting and derailing comments in this thread. The worst offender is "Xbox down makes me happy," which celebrates the financial downturn of Microsoft without providing any explanation, and baits the Xbox community on this site. Please refer to this line under rule #10: "You cannot create threads, posts, signatures, etc. just to bait people of a specific fan group. Bait threads will be locked and you will be moderated for them. If you spend a lot of time making hit-and-run negative threads or posts about a specific platform, you will also be moderated at the discretion of the moderators." ) Banned 1 days 7242325
03/30/15 19:15 Smeags Ban Flaming (Come on Rol, blatant flaming like this (and knowing full well that it was blatant flaming going into the post), just isn't necessary to get your point across. Take it from a tier 7 mod like me: this kind of name calling just isn't necessary.) Banned 3 days 7181505
03/30/15 14:26 Torillian Ban Flaming (blatant flaming of another user) Banned 5 days 7181505
03/24/15 19:57 Conegamer Ban Other (Bad Rol! Banning Smeags is my job!) Banned 1 days
11/18/14 15:14 Carl2291 Warning Other (Test. Ignore in future moderation.)  
10/14/14 01:24 Carl2291 Warning Other (The phrase is "half decent", not "decent half". This is what you get for being mean to another user.)   6746461
08/28/14 23:08 Smeags Ban Flaming (Aw, thanks for the belated birthday present Rol. After all this time, I finally get to have an official ban!(Don't call anyone names, least of all "idiot"). Hasta luego.) Banned 3 days 6625728
06/29/14 21:06 Conegamer   (Mod note: Disregard previous ban. He was quoting himself it seems. Whoops!)  
06/29/14 20:55 Conegamer Ban Flaming (No, Rol. Don't call other users an idiot. If this was a joke make it clearer, because this is straight up breaking the rules and you know that.) Banned 3 days 6462519
05/24/14 04:14 starcraft Warning Flaming (Admitting to flamebaiting makes moderator jobs easier!)   6337265
04/17/14 14:30 TruckOSaurus Ban Flaming (Calling someone a fool is against the rules.) Banned 1 days 6232981
04/08/14 13:56 Conegamer Warning Flaming ("Why don't you jump off a bridge"? No need to be so aggressive, and your post adds nothing to the discussion either.)   6212497
04/01/14 15:40 ConeGamers_Dog Ban Trolling (*gobbles up the goodies* Bark bark woof! *knows now what he must do*) Banned 1 days 6197087
09/16/13 18:15 Smeags Ban Flaming (TO MODERATORS: RolStoppable's last flaming moderation should have been treated as a Warning and NOT a 1 Day Ban. For future moderations, use this as your reference point. Also, go Packers!)  
09/15/13 19:58 radishhead Ban Flaming (You can't just call people idiots on the forum) Banned 1 days 5663873
01/21/13 16:53 axumblade Warning Flaming (Don't call people pricks. Even if they kinda act like pricks. )   5048385
08/20/12 17:58 Mr Khan Warning Trolling (You successfully derailed the discussion. This post should have gone in the "How do you solve a problem like Mario" thread, but it doesn't work here.)   4734421
03/05/12 05:50 axumblade Ban Flaming (You've been here for five years (today) and you've learned nothing.) Banned 1 days 4453529
01/05/12 12:02 Barozi Warning Trolling (Sony trolling. (I just want to be part of your mod history))   4367842
08/18/11 02:57 sega4life Warning Other (It was not to be a ten day ban, disregard last ban.)  
08/18/11 02:22 sega4life Ban Trolling (Trolling is not allowed. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4184613) Banned 10 days 4184613
06/04/11 21:31 zexen_lowe Ban Trolling (It's obvious your intention was to create trouble with that flamebait post. Since linking posts in bans ain't working as of now, the link is http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4082006) Banned 7 days
05/02/11 01:45 dunno001 Warning Other (While I understand where you're coming from on the thread in the mockup pictures, I just need to remind you that blatently calling someone a fanboy is something that's not accepted anymore due to it being hurled around as an insult. Please don't use it again.)   4031703
01/02/11 03:48 Torillian Ban Trolling (For giving me too short of a synopsis on a German review.) Banned 1 days 3841887
12/19/10 22:30 Machina Warning Other (@Mods - ignore previous ban when calculating future ban lengths. Was a misunderstanding on my part.)  
12/19/10 17:20 Machina Ban Flaming (Your post on Kowen's wall - 'If you haven't acted like a complete jerk whenever you talked to ethomaz in the past, then you may be lucky enough to return before christmas.' Two wrongs don't make a right 'n all that.) Banned 7 days
03/18/10 01:53 TheTruthHurts! Warning Other (You have been reported for being a big fat bully and threatening. (Sorry, I cant even make it through this one), Just be aware Rol. Play nice now. )   3253464
02/10/10 21:57 zexen_lowe Ban Trolling (Creating two purposedly misleading titles just to call people off for derailing is flamebait and you know it perfectly. You didn't care about the topic and your only intention was flamebaiting people. Stop trying to bend the rules) Banned 3 days 3141409
02/06/10 03:20 naznatips Ban Other (Sure you can get a promotion. I promote you to the same level as all the mods right now. Banned. Oh and European football sucks. Go American football!) Banned 1 days
01/01/10 20:23 nordlead Ban Other (had an affair with my wife.) Banned 30 days
12/27/09 00:27 zexen_lowe Warning Trolling (Some threads just aren't funny. This one is stealth trolling and you know it well. Next time make a funny thread that's fun for everyone and that's not a dig to any console)   2959379
04/09/09 08:06 Onyxmeth Ban Flaming (Insulting a moderator in a PM after disagreement over the greatness that is Treasure. ) Banned 3 days 2001529

Like I said before in this thread, the above list is missing four moderations that were issued before moderation histories were implemented. These are, in chronological order:

1. A ban for no other reason than the mod wanting me to show that he can do whatever he wants.

2. A ban because I was happy for Kimi Raikkonen winning the Formula 1 season after all the bad luck he had in the years before.

3. A ban for a post that the mod didn't remember when I asked for what exactly I got banned.

4. A warning for namecalling when I called a user exactly the same thing as the head mod at the time had done before.

That's right, I started my career as a bad boy with three straight bans.

Yes, I get what you mean. It is a gamble, and I certainly would like to go into detail, but I probably would risk a ban for it. So far, what I experienced, the judgement seems to be one sided. For instance, is there a quarrel between 2 or more members about a certain topic, the member who got reported by the other one first, will get a warning or a ban. Even if he is not the one who started it all. Again, this is just what I experienced, in reality it can be different, but I am in no position to know what else is happening on this site.

Another case would be, that certain forum rules are not taken as literal as they are being written. For example, if a specific violation of those rules will get you banned, as it is actually written like this, you still get away with a warning.

So, when you imply posting is a gamble, I fully agree with you :)

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

SolidSnack said:
I modded the shit out of New Vegas, then redid it all again with Mod Organizer. Same thing with Skyrim. Now looking at some new cards, will probably have to start from zero again.

Lol'd at this post.

I would post lovely images of my Softmodded EU 3DS running JP games downloaded to the SD card... but I'm fairly certain that sort of modding could get me modded!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive