By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many copies will Zelda: BotW sell?

Sales in Million

1-5 33 14.54%

5-7 63 27.75%

7-9 64 28.19%

10-12 44 19.38%

13-15 8 3.52%

15+ 15 6.61%

Total:227

5-7 mil. If NX info was out and people were excited about the release I'd be more optimistic to say 7-9, but I'm really thinking NX is not going to be what most people think it is. Even if it is this HUGE seller, I imagine a game that takes more advantage of what the NX has to offer is going to be a more sought-after title.

Around the Network

I'm guessing about 10M lifetime in all of it's iterations, of course we'll have to see if NX has good hardware, but as TP showed usually it's Zelda that sells the system, not the other way around...

Maybe 9 million.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Mr_No said:
3-4 million at most.

Worst selling 3D Zelda is Skyward Sword with 4m, and now we have one of the most hyped game Nintendo games ever, that will be launch title for complete new platform and game that will be also released for previous platform, so it cant sell less than 5m in any case.

We already had several similar threads..

But like I wrote, I dont see game will sell less than 5m in any case, my best guess would be 7-9m.

Around the Network

Lets say 1/3 of Wii U owners get it.... 5m sold or so.
There "could" be around 20m NX users at some point, and attach rate could be higher there... say 50%?

I voted 10-12m. I believe it could go higher though.

Honestly, a bit surprised to see so many in the 1-5 section. I think it's a slamdunk to go higher than that. Probably the most anticipated game coming out within a year with a smash hit E3 behind them and a hype building up. And not to forget NX comes and with Zelda as a release title.

Around 7 million ( 1.5m for WiiU version and 5.5m for NX version)

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I think this will be the highest selling Zelda game, simply because I believe the NX will consist of a console and handheld to make up the ecosystem. With this game being playable on both devices, it should enjoy very long legs to sell well.

I think 9 million is a safe bet, but perhaps it could manage to sell above 10 million in the end.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar