By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many copies will Zelda: BotW sell?

Sales in Million

1-5 33 14.54%

5-7 63 27.75%

7-9 64 28.19%

10-12 44 19.38%

13-15 8 3.52%

15+ 15 6.61%

Total:227

Over 9000!!!!!!!!!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Lets say 1/3 of Wii U owners get it.... 5m sold or so.
There "could" be around 20m NX users at some point, and attach rate could be higher there... say 50%?

I voted 10-12m. I believe it could go higher though.

Highly unlikely, most of Wii U owners will buy it on NX, 2m will be most on Wii U. You can take TP on GC like example, sold only around 1.5m on GC but 7m on Wii.

Also attach rate of 50% is way too high, even Ocarina Of Time had attach rate of around 25%, but true is that wants launch title, maybe we could expect atach rate of 30%.

I'll say 10m across both versions, the's a really positive vibe around the game and Nintendo since the game was shown.

Sales should be compared to previous Zelda games and Skyrim, I think, in order to gauge an accurate estimate.

Skyrim on 360 - the best-selling version - has a little shy of 9m.

The currently best-selling Zelda has 7.6m.

I think the most logical of the above options, therefore, is 7-9m.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
Sales should be compared to previous Zelda games and Skyrim, I think, in order to gauge an accurate estimate.

Skyrim on 360 - the best-selling version - has a little shy of 9m.

The currently best-selling Zelda has 7.6m.

I think the most logical of the above options, therefore, is 7-9m.

Skyrim sold over 10 million on Steam alone.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Mr_No said:
3-4 million at most.

Worst selling 3D Zelda is Skyward Sword with 4m, and now we have one of the most hyped game Nintendo games ever, that will be launch title for complete new platform and game that will be also released for previous platform, so it cant sell less than 5m in any case.

It's what I believe. Anything can happen.

Based on my excel calculations surrounding market trends, perception, and brand power, Around 17 million in the first 36 months. 18.6 million lifetime.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Based on my excel calculations surrounding market trends, perception, and brand power, Around 17 million in the first 36 months. 18.6 million lifetime.

Ok saved.

If in the end this seriusly happen, i'll be honestly scared. ._.