By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many copies will Zelda: BotW sell?

Sales in Million

1-5 33 14.54%

5-7 63 27.75%

7-9 64 28.19%

10-12 44 19.38%

13-15 8 3.52%

15+ 15 6.61%

Total:227

I'm going to guess around 7 million between the Wii U and NX, as of right now. It really is too early to even say since we won't know how successful the NX is. If the NX is very successful, it could sell more than 10 million.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Around the Network
niceguygameplayer said:
Mbolibombo said:

What do you think?

I am gonna go a bit wild and predict it will be the best selling Zelda game of all time (without all those remakes that is)

10+ million incoming - Physical+digital+Wii U+NX

I'm thinking with low Wii U install base and NX being brand new, 4 to 5 million. 

What does NX being brand new have to do with anything?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I'll go with 7/8 million.

All of them.

SW-5120-1900-6153

10m between both versions, probably 80% of that on NX.

Around the Network

I'm gonna play it safe and say 6 mil. 2 mil on the Wii U, and 4 mil on the NX.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I'll be modest and predict 7-9m. Even with all the hype surrounding BotW, it will still be bought majorly by us, die-hard fans. But maybe if NX is a hit among casuals it can see even more, seeing as the game features a colorful world and all.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

6-7 m seems like a pretty safe bet. It's bound to sell decently well on the Wii U and the NX is a wild card right now. It could push over 10 m if it has strong legs.

probably more hype for this Zelda game than one in a LONGGG time. I think with the combined Wii U + NX platforms it could easily go over 10 million. Maybe a surprising prediction considering how Zelda's have sold in the past but, again, the hype is extremely high on this game and the open world adventure genre is one of the most popular these days and this is the first Zelda to have that

if Splatoon can sell like 4 million on the Wii U then I would be surprised if BotW couldn't do the same, and then if NX does well (which I expect it to) then Zelda will sell massively.

bear in mind that generally speaking Nintendo has not released consoles with Zelda games. A huge percentage of the early adopters of the NX are going to get Zelda 

5 million.