By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Ghostbusters Meta critic user score 2.3

LurkerJ said:
DonFerrari said:
Another thread with the same users saying exactly the same thing?

Funny thing is they demanding others to accept it as a bad movie and stop defending it, like people can't have their preferences if they disagree with yours... could you consider that perhaps the movie is good and you are trying to hard to trash it?

The best part is that you didn't even saw the movie so you don't even now if it's good kkkkk (I won't watch until it get on netflix so I also don't know if it's bad, but I say the premise of gender swap only for reasons is silly, and to me it's similar to Annita Kardeshians demands on gaming industries just to satisfy her ego and end up backfiring on the games sales)

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
LurkerJ said:

Damn it you stole my joke...

Funny thing is I'm not trashing the movie, just said I'm not interested in a pseudo-reboot with gender swap for no reason

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Reading some reviews is really disgusting. I saw the film, and though it's not awesome, is way better than 2 and 3, and it's fun.

DonFerrari said:
And people calling others haters were completely incapable of explaining the necessity for the gender swap

Are we *still* on the gender swap thing? If it's a bad or good movie, then it's a bad or good movie. The fuck does the gender of the bloody cast have to do with it?

Was there a necessity for the original cast being the gender they were? No! Who the fuck gives a shit. This is a reboot. They have the creative freedom to have an all female ghostbusters team, without any "necessity" to it. If they had chosen an all male team, there wouldn't have been any "necessity" to that either. It's just a bloody gender choice lol. How people manage to make such a big deal out of this is baffling to me. Who the fuck cares?

lol user score

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
LurkerJ said:

The best part is that you didn't even saw the movie so you don't even now if it's good kkkkk (I won't watch until it get on netflix so I also don't know if it's bad, but I say the premise of gender swap only for reasons is silly, and to me it's similar to Annita Kardeshians demands on gaming industries just to satisfy her ego and end up backfiring on the games sales)

I dunno why they swapped genders. I don't think it's a big deal who stars in this movie. The silly light-hearted story acts a medium to deliver jokes and comedy. It's not potraying historical events or anything serious. It's a reboot that's loosely based on the original. Gender swapping doesn't need explaining because when you reboot you are given the freedom to do it how you want.

I didn't see the movie, but I think the hate it receives from those, who also didn't see the moive, is ridiculous. And if all you can provide for reasoning is that the original GB had more male characters then just wow. This isn't a sequel...

Me not seeing the movie doesn't deny me the right to make remarks about the haters based on observations. 

Also, I think Anita, if she had any integrity, would oppose the movie because gender swapping is one of her issues with video games. But she is not actually a feminist and she is a lair who is only in for the money & controversy, so I expect her to say whatever floats her boat these days and whatever makes her (& women) look like victims. 

I don't really care one way or another, the premise was enough to turn me off of it.

I'm all for female leads- especially unattractive ones that you know aren't just selling sex appeal for the movie. But when you make the entire main cast of heroes women, then it stops being just a Comedy/Adventure, and startling a Bridesmaids spin-off.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

User reviews...meh. I find them useless in general, even more so when there's any kind of controversy involved.

Oh, wow, there seems to be a lot of people confused about, despite being a reboot of a franchise based on fictional events, a gender swap of the whole cast should be "explained".

Regardless of what progressive-minded people would like to think, we automatically [subconsciously] relate to the characters of movies. More often than not, white males will identify with white males, Black females with black females, etc.

So when you take a franchise that was about three white guys and a black guy getting into ghostly shenanigans and gender swap them, you inherently change who the movie is targeted at. If the original movies had some female leads, it wouldn't have been an issue because they would be swapped to male leads. But there wasn't.

You can't just decide "Hey, lets gender swap a 1980's movie into a reboot", because you can easily end up with alienate many of the people who are original fans by no longer giving them a character to relate to. All the boys who grew up living GB1&2 now have to decide if they're willing to invest themselves in a movie that they will likely be unable to find a relatable character in. Yes, it's great that girls can find one now, but simply diversifying the cast would have allowed everyone an identifiable character. Instead, they gender swapped an all male cast into "Ghostbusters: Bridesmaids".

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:

Regardless of what progressive-minded people would like to think

That's just one of the counter-arguments that I don't like.

I am fine with a female lead because I am fine with it. I am not trying to be progressive by having no problem with an all female cast.

I don't think it's progressive to replace a male lead with a female lead, or a gay lead, or a transgender lead anyway. Nor I think it's a problem.

What I care about is the delivery of the script, the talent and the acting.

I am a huge Silent Hill fan and I had no problems with the lead being a female when they decided to turn the games into a movie. I wasn't trying to be progressive back then, I just didn't care. I absolutely loathed the movie though, for many reasons. Not having a male lead wasn't one of them.

And I also disgree about your idea of any reboot. When you reboot you are free to determine who is the audience you are targeting. Old fans, new fans, fangrils or fanboys. Financial success is a different matter. If I, as a consumer, ended up like the reboot better, good for me. I don't care if the reboot flopped or not, or if the fans of the original GB liked it or not.