By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Ghostbusters Meta critic user score 2.3

LurkerJ said:
Lawlight said:

Don't care much for what you have to say but only corporate apologist losers support Sony's scummy tactics when it comes to this movie.

Pretty much the attitude of all haters who are preconvinced that their opinion was right all along. Do you know what we call them in the real world?

Close-minded people. 

I'm sure the producers are loving the support they are getting from SJWs who think they are changing the world. Those bunch really need to get laid.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
It also has a 3.5 on IMDb, which is absolutely terrible. I don't know if it deserves to be that low, because I haven't seen it, but I do know that I indeed didn't like what I did see.

yea I thought the trailers were pretty terrible and I certainly won't watch the movie in cinemas either, yet I do hope ppl that decide to watch it do enjoy it

and who knows, maybe I'll end up enjoying it myself when I watch it on TV/as stream

Lawlight said:
LurkerJ said:

Pretty much the attitude of all haters who are preconvinced that their opinion was right all along. Do you know what we call them in the real world?

Close-minded people. 

I'm sure the producers are loving the support they are getting from SJWs who think they are changing the world. Those bunch really need to get laid.

The people who are making an issue out this cast are the ones that need to get laid, or maybe they need to learn to suck dick if they hate women so much. 

The film is fine, it's not anything special but for a third franchise sequel it deserves no where near the hate it's getting. The cast is certainly not even one of the problems with the movie, I'd be happy to see another Ghostbusters film with the same cast, they deserve a better script to work with though, that's the main issue with the film. 

Even then I'd say it's on par with Ghostbusters II, the first half of the movie is probably flat out better actually. 

Frankly I'd say it's one of the better summer "blockbusters" this summer, I'd say only Captain America and Dory are clearly above it with X-Men being about even with it. There are far worse things you could spend a night at the movies on than this flick. 

Lawlight said:
LurkerJ said:

Close-minded people. 

A corporate apologist, a SJW.

Do you have more labels to throw at a person you don't even know?

You do know that I've NOT watched the reboot and I don't intend to, and not because the trailer, no. It's because the original movie, which I only watched recently, is overrated and it put me off watching the sequel, which I hear is as forgettable as it gets, and damaged the GB brand way before the reboot could've.

So yeah... more labels please. 

Soundwave said:
Lawlight said:

The people who are making an issue out this cast are the ones that need to get laid, or maybe they need to learn to suck dick if they hate women so much. 

The film is fine, it's not anything special but for a third franchise sequel it deserves no where near the hate it's getting. The cast is certainly not even one of the problems with the movie, I'd be happy to see another Ghostbusters film with the same cast, they deserve a better script to work with though, that's the main issue with the film. 

Even then I'd say it's on par with Ghostbusters II, the first half of the movie is probably flat out better actually. 

Frankly I'd say it's one of the better summer "blockbusters" this summer, I'd say only Captain America and Dory are clearly above it with X-Men being about even with it. There are far worse things you could spend a night at the movies on than this flick. 

I already said that my issue with the movie is with Sony but you're still trying to stick to the idea that everyone hating the movie is because of the female leads. Not saying that you are one but that screams white knight to me, a bunch who probably don't get a lot of action.

User was moderated for this and another post in here ~ CGI

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
Lawlight said:

A corporate apologist, a SJW.

Do you have more labels to throw at a person you don't even know?

You do know that I've NOT watched the reboot and I don't intend to, and not because the trailer, no. It's because the original movie, which I only watched recently, is overrated and it put me off watching the sequel, which I hear is as forgettable as it gets, and damaged the GB brand way before the reboot could've.

So yeah... more labels please. 

A pot calling a kettle black. As if you didn't put me in a basket.

Soundwave said:
S.Peelman said:
It also has a 3.5 on IMDb, which is absolutely terrible. I don't know if it deserves to be that low, because I haven't seen it, but I do know that I indeed didn't like what I did see.

It doesn't deserve to be anywhere near that low, that again are just haters hating on the film.

It's better than Indepedence Day, Ninja Turtles II, Warcraft, or Tarzan by a good margin and it's worth seeing in theaters because the 3D is really impressive, probably the most impressive use of 3D I've ever seen. 

If you go into the theater with a stick up your ass about it, no you probably will pick it apart to death quickly, but if you just go in to watch a fun movie, that's more or less what you get. 

It's not "Girl Power: The Movie" either, the film really doesn't make much of a fuss of the Ghostbusters being women either, they are just a group of people who happen to be fascinated by the supernatural and that aspect of the film is not a problem at all. 

The script is a little weak, that's the movie's biggest problem, not the cast, all 4 of the leads and Hemsworth as well all do a solid to very good job. 

I don't know if this film acknowledges the first two movies or not, like if it mentions or implies that there were four guys before and stuff happened, because if it doesn't and this just retcons everything, that would break it for me. I hate things like that, the female cast isn't really an issue to me on the surface, if they make a good plot around it.

The big thing though is, judging from the trailers it just, doesn't really seem funny to me.

Maybe I'll see it in some way sometime regardless, if only to satisfy curiosity.

S.Peelman said:
Soundwave said:

It doesn't deserve to be anywhere near that low, that again are just haters hating on the film.

It's better than Indepedence Day, Ninja Turtles II, Warcraft, or Tarzan by a good margin and it's worth seeing in theaters because the 3D is really impressive, probably the most impressive use of 3D I've ever seen. 

If you go into the theater with a stick up your ass about it, no you probably will pick it apart to death quickly, but if you just go in to watch a fun movie, that's more or less what you get. 

It's not "Girl Power: The Movie" either, the film really doesn't make much of a fuss of the Ghostbusters being women either, they are just a group of people who happen to be fascinated by the supernatural and that aspect of the film is not a problem at all. 

The script is a little weak, that's the movie's biggest problem, not the cast, all 4 of the leads and Hemsworth as well all do a solid to very good job. 

I don't know if this film acknowledges the first two movies or not, like if it mentions or implies that there were four guys before and stuff happened, because if it doesn't and this just retcons everything, that would break it for me. I hate things like that, the female cast isn't really an issue to me on the surface, if they make a good plot around it.

The big thing though is, judging from the trailers it just, doesn't really seem funny to me.

Maybe I'll see it in some way sometime regardless, if only to satisfy curiosity.

It is set in its own universe, in fact this movie is basically "Ghostbusters Begins" (as in Batman Begins) so it is a reboot, having said that, there are many loving winks and cameos and direct nods to the original Ghostbusters, so much so that I think they over did it a bit actually. You can tell the screenwriter(s) are Ghostbusters fans. 

The film is stronger when it's not referencing back to the original 1984 Ghostbusters however, IMO anyway. Some of the cameos are fun, but ultimately they're all a bit unncessary. The new cast is strong enough to carry the story on their own, but the script kinda lets them down a bit. 

The actual movie is funnier than the trailers, the humor is not as high brow as the original Ghostbusters, but I was chuckling through out. MacKinnon and Wiig are legitimately talented and funny comedians, Chris Hemsworth is probably the surprise ... Thor is funny as fuck in this. 

Lawlight said:
LurkerJ said:
73 on rotten tomatoes and 60 on meta.

That's good by movie ratings standard.

All I see is a bunch of losers who can't let go. Any idea how it's doing on box-office and world-wide? I'd love to get a few more chuckles out of this.

lol @ believing reviewer scores. I recall when they gave Indiana Jones 4, It Follows and The Babadook good reviews.

The Babadook is the best horror movie made in the last 20 years.   

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

This movie is worse than Ratchet and Clank.