By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Ghostbusters Meta critic user score 2.3

Lawlight said:
LurkerJ said:

A corporate apologist, a SJW.

Do you have more labels to throw at a person you don't even know?

You do know that I've NOT watched the reboot and I don't intend to, and not because the trailer, no. It's because the original movie, which I only watched recently, is overrated and it put me off watching the sequel, which I hear is as forgettable as it gets, and damaged the GB brand way before the reboot could've.

So yeah... more labels please. 

A pot calling a kettle black. As if you didn't put me in a basket.

Okay. I admit, I labeled you before you labeled me. Apologies. 

Around the Network

I saw it and thought it was okay. A solid 7 imo. The cast were great, but I thought the director might have been a bit out of his league. He's good at the stuff he knows, Bridesmaids style character interaction, but for this type of movie the plot/pacing and editing were just all over the place. I think the film started as an 8 and then slid down to a 6 by the end of it. He was just too far out of his comfort zone, but the insane talent of people like Mckinnon saved him. Really hard trying to take it as a reboot though with all the cameo's and references... needed to be a bit more of its own film.

Gripes aside, it was enjoyable and has some really good humor. They really need to fire the people involved with the first trailer though. You spend 150million producing a movie, you can't let people you are paying to promote it sabotage it like that.

This is one of those situations where you probably can't trust the reviewer score or the metacritic user score.

People who review movies for serious publications tend to be of a certain personality type.
People who reviewbomb stuff on metacritic tend to be of a certain personality type.

Neither of those will match up with the general population. The internet creates ideological silos that constantly distort facts and impressions.

Lawlight said:
Soundwave said:

The people who are making an issue out this cast are the ones that need to get laid, or maybe they need to learn to suck dick if they hate women so much. 

The film is fine, it's not anything special but for a third franchise sequel it deserves no where near the hate it's getting. The cast is certainly not even one of the problems with the movie, I'd be happy to see another Ghostbusters film with the same cast, they deserve a better script to work with though, that's the main issue with the film. 

Even then I'd say it's on par with Ghostbusters II, the first half of the movie is probably flat out better actually. 

Frankly I'd say it's one of the better summer "blockbusters" this summer, I'd say only Captain America and Dory are clearly above it with X-Men being about even with it. There are far worse things you could spend a night at the movies on than this flick. 

I already said that my issue with the movie is with Sony but you're still trying to stick to the idea that everyone hating the movie is because of the female leads. Not saying that you are one but that screams white knight to me, a bunch who probably don't get a lot of action.

I think it is weird people hate this because Sony made it.  

I don't think I ever pay attention to the company that produces or distributes a movie.  

I'm curious, because I've seen others saying they hate it because of Sony, is it because of their picture division in particular or another division like gaming or televisions?  

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Lawlight said:
LurkerJ said:

Pretty much the attitude of all haters who are preconvinced that their opinion was right all along. Do you know what we call them in the real world?

Close-minded people. 

I'm sure the producers are loving the support they are getting from SJWs who think they are changing the world. Those bunch really need to get laid.

Great attitude, man. Simply superb.

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
user ratings/reviews on metacritic can't be taken seriously as the sites active users are simply too immature

There are more to be trusted than official reviews

Ruler said:
Lafiel said:
user ratings/reviews on metacritic can't be taken seriously as the sites active users are simply too immature

There are more to be trusted than official reviews

You do realize that most of them haven't even seen the movie, right?

Another thread with the same users saying exactly the same thing?

Funny thing is they demanding others to accept it as a good movie and stop hating, like people can't have their preferences if they disagree with yours... could you consider that perhaps the movie is bad and you are trying to hard to defend it?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

And people calling others haters were completely incapable of explaining the necessity for the gender swap

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Another thread with the same users saying exactly the same thing?

Funny thing is they demanding others to accept it as a bad movie and stop defending it, like people can't have their preferences if they disagree with yours... could you consider that perhaps the movie is good and you are trying to hard to trash it?